Topic Title: 290X Performance
Topic Summary: Unable to use my 290X
Created On: 12/05/2013 10:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2013 10:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanzex
Peon

hi all! I apologize in advance for my bad english.

Today i've finished assembling my new computer, after some problems with the driver of the video card i've started playing some games to test it.

the first, minecraft, i've obtained more than 500 fps at maximum settings, expected...

the second and also the last GTA 4, first i had some problems because the game didn't want to change the graphic settings, they were at minimum, but with a commandline i've resolved it, then i maxed out the game for the first time!

for the first 2-3 seconds was all ok but then orribles frames-drop started, the game was unplayable, so i've re-installed the driver but nothing was changed. So i've measured the FPS with fraps and were all under 30! I ran the internal benchmark and it said at about 60 fps, i was surprised, so i've changed the graphic settings back to the minimum, but extremely strangely i obtained exactly the same results, i've searched on google and the medium fps for this game are 80+ fps maxed out, now i'm trying other games, but the results won't change.

i've also benchmarked the card with MSI Kombustor, and the first bench was at about 90+ fps, actually i don't know if it is a good result, but the card seem to work great.

I've tried to run the amd AutoDetect software for installing new drivers but it didn't recognized an amd card in the system, the same with the XFX software that came with the card, but the BIOS do recognize an AMD Graphic card + an AMD Audio card ( because of TrueAudio ). 

Please help me.

12/05/2013 06:10 PM

Author Icon
kdawgmaster
Peon

GTA 4 shouldnt be something that you worry ur self over as the game was a terrible port for the PC to begin with. 

-------------------------
Tri-Fire R9 290x 2560X1440
Game benchmarker
Benchmarking youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kdawgmaster?feature=mhum
 12/05/2013 08:49 PM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

With gta 4 you should look into "commandline.txt" tweaks to turn that horrible port into something you can play, google for it.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
Statistics
85480 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.