Topic Title: General Radeon HD 8490 Questions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/06/2013 08:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/06/2013 08:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Zeldek
Peon

System Information:

Dell OptiPlex 9020
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
1GB AMD Radeon 8490
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I am attempting to hook up 4 monitors to the Display port of the Radeon 8490 graphics card which states that it can drive 4 monitors at a time.  I am trying to accomplish this by using Dell's U2413 monitors that have a DP out and allows for the monitors to feed the next monitor's (daisychain) image.  When I try this CCC only can see 3 monitors and the 4th monitor is a duplication of monitor 3.  However, when I attach the 4th monitor to the DVI input the CCC sees all 4.  Can this card do the daisychaining up to the 4 monitors like I want it to?  If not is there a different AMD card that would support all 4 monitors through the one DP port and daisychaining?  From what I can tell I am hooked you just like the AMD eyefinity guide shows for MST capable monitors.

I also am having issues with it displaying anything on the DP connection using a 33ft DP cable with this same setup.  The CCC still shows that there are 4 monitors but nothing displays on the DP connections.  I can move the 3 daisy chained DP to another optiplex 9020 without the 8490 and it will show the desktop on the 3 displays so I know that the DP cable is good.

Any advice would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Edited: 12/06/2013 at 08:45 PM by Zeldek
Statistics
84670 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.