Topic Title: "Aliasing" problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2013 07:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2013 07:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
neko_ceko
Peon

Graphics Card: ASUS Radeon HD6950 DCII 2GD5. No overclocking.

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History: Currently using 13.11 Beta, tested with 13.9 and either 13.7 or 13.6

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP 1. The only OS I've tested on.

Issue Details:
I don't even know what to call this problem, but I'll label it as aliasing since it's kind of similar to aliasing, it actually might even be an aliasing problem. Everything was fine up until two days ago. At least I think it was. I might just be imagining this whole thing... But I don't think I am. I haven't played any games for 3 days, and two days ago I turned on the game Cities in Motion 2 and noticed this problem. All surfaces and stuff look like an old CRT display.. A lot of jagged edges as well. Like they're interlaced or something, it's really hard to describe, so I'll post two video examples.

I updated my drivers but that didn't help. I also thought the problem was only with that game but whatever game I've tried it's the same. Here's two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWk8FS5NMn4
Watch from 0:20. It's noticable everywhere, but here it's most noticable on the green building all the way to the left and the white building centre-right (watch in HD and full screen for the full effect)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZvHgxtum8w
At the beginning keep an eye on Mexico. Very noticable there, but also in the water (the moving dots that look like TV static), country borders and everywhere else really. I've looked through several videos on YouTube and everywhere I looked it's completely smooth. I've messed around with options (game and in the catalyst), I tested it on max and lowest graphics but it made no difference.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

Power Supply: XFX 650W XXX Edition

http://products.xfxforce.com/en-gb/Power_Supplies/Classic_Series_650W_PSU/P1-650X-CAH9

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used: Samsung SyncMaster S22B300, connected via DVI

Applications and Games: Games I've tried so far: Cities in Motion 2, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Europa Universalis IV, TESV: Skyrim. All newest versions/patches.

CPU Details: Intel i7-3770, 4 cores,
3.4 GHz. No overclocking.

Motherboard BIOS Version: ASUS BIOS 1072009 Ver: 04.06.05

System Memory Type & Amount: Corsair Dominator (2x4GB) 1600MHz

Additional Hardware: My HDD is an old Seagate, not sure of the exact model but it's at least 6-7 years old. I got 2 case fans, an LG DVD drive, no additional PCI devices.

Additional Details: I have done no additional tests.

12/09/2013 06:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
neko_ceko
Peon

Anyone :/?

Statistics
85574 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.