Topic Title: RSOD - I've tried everything
Topic Summary: Need help / advice with Red Screen
Created On: 12/07/2013 08:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2013 08:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JimmyTheBoarHunter
Peon

I've been having red screen issues since the release of BF4, and I've got no idea what else to do. I've got an unlocked 6950. 

It was initially red screens when the new maps begun to load in BF4. Some people had success installing the Beta drivers but this didn't work for me. I read it's due to the card not getting enough power, and thought maybe the new maps caused a surge in power and the reason it happened at that time. My PSU was getting old so I replaced it with a Corsair RM750. I now no longer red screen when loading new map, instead now it happens at completely random times during gameplay. 

Ive tried all Beta drivers. 

Tried stable drivers. 

Upgraded to Win8.1

run BF4 as admin, x86, win7 compatibility mode. 

Reverted bios back to stock 6950 (locked shaders again)

Removed all overclocks. 

Tried to recreate it with a GPU burn in program but got nothing. 

Im completely out of ideas and getting fast pissed off. Could my card be failing, driver issue, or BF4 issue?

thanks in advance for any advice. 

12/07/2013 09:05 PM

Author Icon
zipsi
Case Modder

RED screen of death? I must have been living under a rock, as far as I can remember it was always blue , seems that they changed it in w8. But to answer the original question, BF4 is the most bug infested game released in years, almost EVERYONE has problems with it. Some say those rsods/bsods occur less under Windows 7. But right now only EA is to blame for not thoroughly testing their game with AMD drivers and one has to hope these issues get patched eventually.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 12/07/2013 09:44 PM

Author Icon
JimmyTheBoarHunter
Peon

Red screen is a GPU related issue. I've had plenty of blue screens too, but this red screen is the big problem, happens at least twice a night and it's not just a BF4 issue, but it is an ATI problem. 

System completely locks up and screen goes red (no error message), audio turns into something resembling a wretch and then system shuts down. 

Statistics
84158 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.