Topic Title: R9 290 - bug ? giant cursor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/13/2013 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2013 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Luc14n0
Peon

Graphics Card
SAPPHIRE R9 290 4GB

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
13.11 beta 5

Operating System
WINDOWS 8.1

Issue Details
 the cursor of my mouse is too big, if I enable shadowing of the cursor or pointer trails him back to correct size

Motherboard or System Make & Model
Asus P8Z77-V LX 

Power Supply

CORSAIR 750W

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
SANSUNG PX2370 - HDMI

Applications and Games

windows and any game or software

CPU Details
- i7 3770

Motherboard BIOS Version
- ASUS BIOS 2204)

System Memory Type & Amount
corsair 16gb ddr3 1600

01/13/2014 12:40 PM

Author Icon
burtonownz
Peon

I have the exact same issue. I issued a bug report as I have installed and reinstalled drivers many times after completely wiping the computer. I did notice that if I click to drag a window, the mouse pointer will revert to normal size until I let go of the mouse button. Mine also will appear small when I turn on mouse shadow. I have seen other posts where people relate it to using HDMI and perhaps the drivers are having issues with EDID but I don't have another cable or adapters to try out DVI or Displayport.

Graphics Card
Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Operating System
WINDOWS 8.1

Issue Details
 the cursor of my mouse is too big, if I enable shadowing of the cursor or pointer trails him back to correct size

Motherboard or System Make & Model

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Power Supply

Thermaltake 750W

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
SANSUNG T240HD - HDMI

Applications and Games

All software. Will not occur at the login screen but immediately enlarges when I log in.

CPU Details
- i5 2500k

Motherboard BIOS Version
- Gigabyte F13

System Memory Type & Amount
corsair 8gb ddr3 1333

01/19/2014 07:14 AM

Author Icon
LSWalsh
Peon

I'm having a very similar issue (seems logical they're related), I'm getting everything you are but in reverse:

My cursor is the normal size the majority of the time but suddenly scales up in certain applications (BF4, some sat-nav software I use), furthermore the cursor scales up when hovering over text (i.e. the "I" cursor, I forget what it's called)

If I untick shadowing in mouse settings my cursor becomes huge.

I'm using the MSI R9 290 Twin Frozr IV, changing over from my 6950 I completely wiped the AMD drivers before installing straight from the provided driver DVD, I have also tried wiping those drivers and using the latest ones available from AMD which produced the same results.

Created an account here to try and get this sorted, it's very irritating and I'm hoping a white knight will ride in with an easy fix.

03/09/2014 01:42 PM

Author Icon
neodraig
Peon

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you  that I'm also a proud member of the R9 290 with a big cursor owners club!!!

No in fact that really sucks, what is AMD waiting for to fix that, apparently it's not a new problem.

I was a bit torn between the R9 290 and the GTX780, maybe I should have bought the Nvidia's.

I was really happy to have my new video card (I use to have a 4890), but that problem really spoils the pleasure

04/26/2014 03:40 AM

Author Icon
LSWalsh
Peon

They fixed it! Download Catalyst 14.4! It took them long enough but it's good to see we weren't ignored.

06/01/2014 01:57 PM

Author Icon
Cridder
Peon

If new update does not fix it, this should.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=385165&page=2

Worked for me.

06/01/2014 07:40 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

I have a similar problems too. Dont know where it was but the cursor was a line with parallell lines .. not a cursor anymore.

That looks strange. It was when i was in a option menu for something in windows. Dont know. I had this two times.

-------------------------

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[2x Corsair D3 4GB 1333-999 XMS]
[750 Watt]
[NEW Sappihre R9 280x Dual-X OC] - Blue Screen by AMD kernel mode driver
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 07:45 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: neodraig  

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you  that I'm also a proud member of the R9 290 with a big cursor owners club!!!

No in fact that really sucks, what is AMD waiting for to fix that, apparently it's not a new problem.

I was a bit torn between the R9 290 and the GTX780, maybe I should have bought the Nvidia's.

I was really happy to have my new video card (I use to have a 4890), but that problem really spoils the pleasure

When you want to have less driver troubles you should go NVidia. For AMD you need much background knowledge if you want it or dont want it.

But NVidia is not a company you should support. AMD is making the PC-gaming world better.

NVidia only tries to make money with you and holds you on the same level forever.

Go AMD regardless of the driver problems. But when you dont want to have driver problems go Nvidia.

AMD Mantle could fix the driver problems for all. Maybe Mantle will do it someday that we havent so much driver problems anymore on a AMD graphiccard !

-------------------------

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[2x Corsair D3 4GB 1333-999 XMS]
[750 Watt]
[NEW Sappihre R9 280x Dual-X OC] - Blue Screen by AMD kernel mode driver
[Windows 7 64-bit]

Statistics
89084 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.