Topic Title: HD 6770 - can only connect a single monitor
Topic Summary: The moment it senses another one, I get no display at all
Created On: 12/13/2013 06:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2013 06:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jehosaphet
Peon

I'm not sure what the deal is here, I've tried everything I can think of but am stuck with using the default input as my only port for a working display (I forget what it's called, but it's not the 'display port' and not the HDMI...the one on the far left that's complicated looking (not a vga)).

I'm not sure how much info I should put here because the problem is really pretty simple: plug any monitor into another port and suddenly I'm without any display at all.  I've used both the display port and the HDMI and have configured the bajeesus out of Catalyst Control Center yet it almost seems like the Highlander, "There can be only one" monitor.

Last time I lost my display, I got it back by attaching a VGA adapter and making my primary monitor my secondary, which is what I'm using now.  I'd just like to be able to have another monitor set up to watch movies while I game, yet this card just isn't having any of that.  I've gone through CCC, through Windows display settings...absolutely nothing will get two monitors to display at once.

In fact, I Just got back from buying an adapter for the Display port (Display port to HDMI adapter) and as soon as I plugged the other end of the cord into my other monitor, my main one went blank while that one was getting some kind of signal (the "No signal" code at the top went away) but you couldn't see anything.  The moment I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of it, my main monitor came back to life.

Again, no matter what I've done, the moment I plug any other monitor into this card, then that's all she wrote.  It's almost like there'd be some kind of physical switch on the card itself to toggle from single display to "other" or something.  It's a little crazy!

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Phenom x4 955 3200 Mghz

8 gigs of RAM

AMD Catalyst Version 13.1

DirectX 11

Radeon HD 6770

Asus MB (I forget which, but it's just over a year old)

Statistics
86434 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.