Can someone tell me the safe temperature range for running a AMD Radeon HD 7970 under a load?
I'm using it to mine for bitcoins and gaming but I'm afraid that it maybe running too hot.
The catalyst Control Center currently shows 84°C while mining. Activity is at 94%; GPU clock at 925 MHz; Memory Clock 1375 MHz and fan speed set to 87%.
Cooling system: Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan
Is this too hot for the graphic card to be running. At what temperture is too hot?
I'm assuming that activity on the catalyst control center is the amount usage that the graphic card is handling? Do I need to keep this below a certain point?
Do I need to do something to try to bring the temperature down like increase the fan under AMD OverDrive in the catalyst control center?
Thanks for all your help.
AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB - Single Card
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously
Window 7 64 bit
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
- 650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Applications and Games
- dual bitcoin mining using cgminer
- Intel® Core™ i7 3930K Processor (6x 3.20GHz/12MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3930K (Over clocked by ibuypower.com up to 20% -- not sure where to find exact info.)
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- 32 GB [8 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module
- Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
- AZZA Solaris Gaming Case - Black