Topic Title: Problems with crossfire R9 290 configuration
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/31/2013 10:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/31/2013 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mkudzia
Peon

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my rig from a dual nVidia GTX 580 SLI configuration (Asus RoG cards) to dual Asus R9 290 cards (reference design) crossfire config.

Since then my OS became unstable - I did a clean wipe and reinstalled the OS but I still get random reboots.

The error I am getting is generally 0xC000000E - which according to the Windows bug check is: 

• 0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.

And this makes no sense what so over - I have checked all my drivers are up to date (recommended by the vendor) and I'm running the newest version of Catalyst drivers.

To make things even more interesting - the crashes happen normally when operating in Windows desktop (where one of the cards is completly idle).
When running games I do get strange glitches on the screen - like segments of the screen being scrambled/mangles - for one/two frames.
My OS configuration is:
- Windows 8.1 (previously it was Windows 7 - had same problems)
- Motherboard: Asus Rage III Extreme
- 2x Asus R9 290
- 24GB of RAM (Corsaid)
- Intel i7 2.6Ghz
the power supply is Corsair 850W (just want to highlight the two GTX 580 cards were using much more power and I didn't have problems)
The GPU drivers, IO drivers, BIOS is running on the newest update.
I have also attached a screenshot of one occasion of a pop up from catalyst drivers just before the system locked up (normally it does a BSOD)
http://postimg.org/image/4iik8jlfn/
Statistics
88799 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.