Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series randomly fails
Topic Summary: The video card randomly crashes and refuses to restart. Reboot of system is required.
Created On: 12/31/2013 02:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/31/2013 02:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Theory5
Peon

Hello,

I recently built a new gaming rig two months ago. I put in an AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 (2Gig) and I have had absolutly no complaints up until 3 days ago. I love sapphire, although some people think it's crap I feel otherwise because of a previous card I had about 5 - 6 years back, and I managed to overclock it to 2x the specs for about a year!

Anyways, I have been putting this card through it's paces with all the latest games on high graphics, and this card has not choked one! AC4, BF4, COD:Ghosts, etc etc. It runs anything. I recently got DayZ and it's almost better than outside! However, around roughly the time I purchased Dayz (about 1 - 2 days later) my card started shutting off randomly. At first I thought I might have actually reached the upper limits of the card, but not only couldn't I reproduce the issue but I was able to run everything fine for hours.

In the past 3 days this issue started, and it got worse for a time, shutting off randomly, even when playing lower graphic-intesive games (like game-dev tycoon, FTL, and PayDay2). Yesterday I reinstalled the drivers and the CCC using the latest (but not beta) drivers. It seems to fix it for a while, then it shut off again randomly!

can someone help me with this issue or do I need to use my warrenty to replace this card (something I REALLY don't want to deal with)?

Please let me know what other information you need. DXDIAG report can be found here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n9s2nz6ket0r87/DxDiag.txt

(using FF, attachments doesn't work for some reason).

Thanks!

Statistics
85795 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.