Topic Title: conversion for colorblindness
Topic Summary: Is there a program or setting to change the colour the card outputs
Created On: 01/11/2014 04:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2014 04:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
P.M.
Peon

Hello all,

A family member, who used to work with pc's in the year when solid state drive meant a building worth a fue million $ for about 7 k ram, had to have an early retirement when monochrome monitors went to colour. He is colorblind, I have no idea what kind but he says that he sees no diffrence in color whatsoever, only light and dark,

He told me this and I thought that nowadays there would be a setting in the gpu that would be able to manipulate the colours but there's not, or none that I can find. I find this hard to imagine as 7% of the total population are colorblind.

I have found plugins (called daltonize) for my browser that can change images to colours that can be seen by colourblind but this won't work on video or on other software.

What I am thinking of is a console that you can reach via the sys tray that can change the video output to a choice of settings like the program daltonize does and also a "users choice" setting where you can make you own colour profile

dose this exist or is there a programmer able to write such a thing?

n.b. I am not colorblind so if anyone who is can join in on the topic that might be helpful.

Statistics
86426 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.