Topic Title: HD5570 HDMI Issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/24/2014 10:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/24/2014 10:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Remo
Peon

I was give an HD5570. I've installed it in my system, with more difficulty than I anticipated, and it is now working. However, only the DVI port is working. If I connect a monitor to the HDMI port neither display works. If I only connect to the HDMI port it does not work. I assumed that the system would automatically see both ports, but it does not do so. 

Have I missed something in the setup or do I have a faulty HDMI port?

01/24/2014 11:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Who gave you the card?  Did they say if the HDMI port worked or not?  What card did you have in your system before swapping it out for the new card?  Did you uninstall the old software and run a clean up tool to get rid of any artifacts....reg entries, software, etc...?  What drivers did you install with the new card....what hardware do you have....what OS are you using.....all sorts of relevant information that would be beneficial to troubleshooting your issue you have left out.  

There is a sticky in the community that you posted in that states what would be beneficial to the users here to help you, please read it and provide the requested.

**STICKY** | PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING 
  Please use the template, and fill out as much information about your issue as possible.

Thanks.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
80966 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.