- Powercolor AMD R9 290 (PowerColor AXR9 290 4GBD5-MDH/OC Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Tried over a dozen Displayport cables and all of them lead to Catalyst telling me there is a linkfailure with the Displayport.
- Tried 2 cards (same make and model) on two similiar PC builds.
- Cards still under warranty and while DVI-D and HDMI ports work, Displayport is the only one that doesn't.
- Picture shows, but can't go past a 800x600 resolution.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- CORSAIR HX Series 750W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- ASUS VG248QE 144Hz
- HDMI (works)
- DVI-D (Dual-Link, works)
- DVI-D (Single-Link, works)
- 12+ Displayport Cables (Belkin, CableMatters, PTC, adapters for Mini-DP, etc.)
Applications and Games
- Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16GB G.Skill Trident X Series DDR3 1600
- Clean, fresh PC (newly built)
- No errors in Memtest86 or vmt
- Everything runs fine (through Dual-Link DVI-D). No issues in any application/game when display is using HDMI or DVI-D. Issues are only with the display through using Displayport port.
- Tested using AMD Radeon HD 6870M's Mini-DP port to see if it was the monitor...it was not.
- Tested 2 ASUS VG248QE monitors...both have issues.
While I don't need the Displayport because my monitor only is 1080p, it seems odd that the issue is on two cards and I rather make sure first that it's not a driver issue if I Replace it later.