Topic Title: 7970 Fullscreen Problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/02/2014 11:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/02/2014 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HouseBeatz
Peon

Hi All,

i have the following problem and in hope there is somebody who can provide a solution. Since the last few drivers, which came out short time after BF4 Launch, i have the problem, that i cannot play some Games in Fullscreen. For example in BF4 i just hear the sound but have a blackscreen but when i put it in window mode it works. On other games i see the window borders although its set to fullscreen. 

Today i did a fresh install, with the latest 14. Mantle driver but the problem exists. System: WIN 8.1, Intel Core i5 750, 8GB DDR RAM, 600W PSU, ASUS P7P55D-E, XFX HD7970 GHZ Edition

I hope that somebody can help me cause thats really annoying. It seems to be something with the graphic card model, cause i have a friend with an HD5850 and same drivers and he does not have those problems..

02/02/2014 05:38 PM

Author Icon
plandream
Peon

Hmmmm, I would disable any "overlay programs" that you  may have.

First step is to boot with a clean state of windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow this and report back!

-------------------------
Too old, too cold....
 02/03/2014 06:50 AM

Author Icon
HouseBeatz
Peon

Your idea helped.. i have a program installed called Teamviewer and it has a function to quick connect to other computers. This function adds an additional symbol into the programbar and obviously this caused the problem.

Thanks for that!

Statistics
84311 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.