Topic Title: 7990 Graphics Card only running one GPU. Help!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/03/2014 05:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/03/2014 05:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Nethrom
Peon

So I have a pretty solid system, I think. Not too terribly savvy with this, but looking through Catalyst and other third party tracking software, It appears as though only one of the GPU's is active. Everything seems to be running at the same rate (FPS, Load times, etc.,) as my last computer, which was about 1/3 the computer this one is.

Is there a way to activate the second GPU or am I missing something entirely here?

02/04/2014 02:49 AM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Odds are you're missing something, but you've supplied pretty much no detail at all on which to base guesses.

Install MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU usage, which will let you know if both are being used in any particular fullscreen game (note that Crossfire does not work in windowed mode).

02/04/2014 03:03 PM

Author Icon
Nethrom
Peon

Originally posted by: Thanny  (note that Crossfire does not work in windowed mode).

Does that include Fullscreen Borderless/Fullscreen Windowed?

I installed Afterburner and am still getting reports of no activity from GPU 2 except the fan running at 20% power. Temp remains at 0 along with usage.

02/05/2014 03:31 AM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

A borderless window is still a window.  Crossfire works only with fullscreen games.

Statistics
85784 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.