Okay, I assume this should be good for a start:
- HIS Radeon HD 6850 (Model # H685F1GD)
- No overclocking.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- currently using Catalyst "14.1 Beta" (was using 13.12 when the problem began yesterday)
- Windows 7 64-bit (up to date)
- Occurred for the first time after a Windows update/reboot the day before yesterday.
- Issue only occurs if the Catalyst Drivers are being used. Otherwise, the video card and display work perfectly fine with Window's default VGA drivers.
- Issue seems to arise a split-second after the display undergoes a large visual change.
- Issue happened the first two times in the Blizzard game "Hearthstone" while it was trying to display a large in-game-info pop-up. Third time was right when Mozilla firefox was being launched and it had just loaded its window a fraction of a second before the crash. Fourth, fifth, and sixth times were right as the screen went black as my Windows 7 desktop was beginning to appear at startup.
- Windows immediately freezes/haults and the screen starts to behave weird: I'll get flashes of thin yellow vertical lines, flashes of thick black horizontal lines, flashes of big blue boxes, what should be the left-most edge of my screen will shift across my monitor with the right most edge appearing right behind it, eventually all ending in a static screen with what look like glitchy/dead, rainbow pixels randomly strewn across it.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS P6TD Deluxe
- Corsair HX850W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Samsung LN37B530P7FXZA HDTV
- HDMI Cable Connection
Applications and Games where issue occurs
- Windows 7 after desktop visual loads
- Mozilla Firefox after window visual loads
- Hearthstone after pop-up information loads
- Intel Core i7 960 (4 cores at 3.2 GHz)
- No overclocking.
System Memory Type & Amount
- 12 GB (6x2GB)
- The PC is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- Haven't done any hardware tests yet (the computer's performed flawlessly until the day before yesterday).
02:24 AM by