sry for my english iam german i hope you get sence out of my writing
I copied a lot from the other thread because there is a lot similar to my problem.
yesterday there was a update to from windows.
I installed it and got to bed.
Today i started my pc and after a while i got a blue screen and at the same time the fans of my HD6970 began to blow really strong.
I started windows in safe modus and found out that the problem is that my Macromedia Flash ActiveX Control componente is not compatible with windows.
I installed the newest AMD drivers.
I installed Macromedia Flash player new.
After that the problem still is there.
Windows starts and i can do some things but when i start for example the catalyst controll center i get the blue screen and my fans of the 6970 blows very very strong.
- HIS Radeon HD 6970
- No overclocking.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- currently using Catalyst 13.12 i think its the driver your autodetection tool gave me and now it says my driver is up to date.
The exact Version is: 184.108.40.206 from 6.12.2013
- Windows Vista 64-bit (up to date)
- Occurred for the first time after a Windows update/reboot yesterday.
- Issue only occurs if the Catalyst Drivers are being used. Otherwise, the video card and display work perfectly fine with Window's default VGA drivers.
- Issue happened the first three times in the Mozilla firefox explorer while i made a thread with a grafik. Fourth time was as i started the cataclyst controll after i installed it and the grafik drivers new.
- when it happens Windows immediately freezes in a blue screen and the fans of my grafik card blows very very strong.
- I got the message at the windows problem solution center that my Macromedia Flash activeX control is not compatible.
- My CCleaner showed me an registry error with the activex file or something with activex from my AMD driver folder. A pity i repaired it and didnt saved it. i cant write it now down exact.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
- be quiet Straight Power E8 700W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Iiyama Prolite B2403WS
- HDMI Cable Connection
Applications and Games where issue occurs
- Mozilla Firefox after window visual loads
- Cataclyst Control Centre start
- And i bet more applications when the activeX controll is used
- Intel Core i7 3770K
- No overclocking.
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8 GB (2x4GB)
- The PC is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- Haven't done any hardware tests yet (the computer's same system performed flawlessly until the day before yesterday for more than a year).
edit: the system is now since 30 minutes stable after booting and only using windows explorer (not internet exploreri mean the file/folder explorer)