Topic Title: Is there a way to flip image upside down?
Topic Summary: I'm building a teleprompter & need to flip the image. How do I do this?
Created On: 02/14/2014 05:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2014 05:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DaveTheWave
Peon

Hi -

I'm making a teleprompter using a display driven by ATI Radeo 5450.  Is there a way to make the image flip top-for-bottom so that after it is reversed by the one way mirror in the teleprompter it looks normal?

Please note that that the flip required is top-for-buttom but *not* left-for-right.  That means simple rotation will not work.

If not with this particular display card, is there another card that will do the trick?

Thank you.

02/15/2014 04:00 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

I don't think it would have to do with the graphics card directly, more the driver options. Maybe one of the professional workstation cards would do this (AMD FirePro, or Nvidia Quadro). They use different drivers from the gaming oriented cards.

With your card - If this is for video I think you'd have to use a video editing software.                 

I know that stills can be flipped top to bottom in photo editing software. You just do a 180 followed by a horizontal.

Edited: 02/15/2014 at 04:18 AM by Dinwiddie
 02/15/2014 05:59 AM

Author Icon
RedGreen
Nerfed

This might help, allows you to flip the whole desktop: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3497224/how-rotate-your-screen-in-windows-7-8/

Tried it on Vista with an old version of Catalyst and it does work, although may not be what you actually want.

Uses hotkeys, so have one to flip and another to get it back the right way up

02/15/2014 07:38 PM

Author Icon
DaveTheWave
Peon

RedGreen - thanks for the link.  What they call "flip" is really a 180 degree clockwise rotation rather than a flip, so it doesn't solve the problem in my case.

Dinwiddie - since I'm planning to use this with live video, it really doesn't help to use video editing software.  I'm looking for a solution - probably a driver-level solution as you say - that will do the inversion in real time. It is exactly what you say: a 180 degree rotation followed by left-right mirror image, or else a vertical mirror image with no rotation. Both have the same end result: top goes to bottom, bottom goes to top, but left and right are un-changed.  Left stays left and right stays right.

02/16/2014 07:17 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

Drop a post in the FirePro forums and see if anyone there can tell you if the workstation cards have this capability.

You may also want to try the Nvidia Developer forums for information on the Quadro cards.

Statistics
84710 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.