Topic Title: Tearing with multiple screens connected to HD6990
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/23/2014 04:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/23/2014 04:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
multi_displayer
Peon

Hi folks,

first of all: Yes, I have read the help page regarding tearing occuring with the eyefinity settings. As a matter of fact, I do not use eyefinity with my HD6990.

Instead, I just have my Samsung Syncmaster als well as my Philips TV (2012) connected by HDMI-> Displayport.

I have updated the drivers and tried every configuration possible in the catalyst control centre, including the one where I specify the resolution and frequency (60Hz) hoping for both screens working together having the same frequency but still there is tearing in every video and game as long as I have both screens plugged in. Deactivating one of them by Windows + P doesn't help.

Unplugging one of them is something I tried to avoid in the past as there has been trouble with my HD6990 shutting down the other screen aswell when one is plugged out (which required a reboot), so the option with Win+P is fine unless it comes to the horizontal and sometimes vertical stripes through the animated pictures. V-Sync does not correct this, either.

As and addition: I use both displays with the windows' setup making the TV an extended display.

I'm grateful for any advice related to this problem as I have found nothing on the net really helpful in this case. Thank you all in advance

Malte

02/28/2014 04:22 AM

Author Icon
Slim Tech
Peon

I am guessing the TV is causing the problem. My Samsung TV has the same problem when I use over 30 hertz frequency, try using 30Hz or 25Hz. It works for my HD4870x2 cards as well as with my i3 1150 mini ITx PC in the living room, when I plug them to the TV.

02/28/2014 08:07 PM

Author Icon
multi_displayer
Peon

That's what I mostly read on the net aswell. But does a low fequency on the TV not cause bad video quality/ making it more difficult to watch TV or so?

I mean, this is something so often happening to people using more than one display and there is yet no real solution? Using Windows +P doesn't even fully disable one of the two displays.

Thanks nevertheless

Statistics
84831 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.