Topic Title: Lower Taskbar screen tearing in some games and while scrolling
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/25/2014 08:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/25/2014 08:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jonfhoag
Peon

A couple weeks ago my system started to get and issue where the taskbar would flicker like it is moving up and down real quickly when i am scrolling on a webpage and when things are loading in certain games. Strange Enough it happened when i updated my AMD drivers. Since then I have completly uninstalled the newest AMD drivers and loaded up drivers from may of last year that i knew were ok. I am still having the issue and it is driving me crazy. 

I have 2 monitors hooked up to a Radeon 7950, one through DVi and one Through HDMI. The one with DVI is having the flicker issues so it might be something to do with the DVi connection correct?

Setup:

Radeon 7950

Windows 8.1 64 bit

2 Monitors: 27" asus with DVI, and HDMI running to 27" TV

02/25/2014 08:57 PM

Author Icon
Jonfhoag
Peon

I removed the HDMI from the second monitor/TV and the flickering stopped. so can my gpu not handle two screens?

02/25/2014 10:00 PM

Author Icon
Jonfhoag
Peon

So i figured out it had to do with display scaling of the HDMI input. Which is weird because I have had it scaleing for over a year on the second display. Any reasons as to why it would have changed in an update? kind of makes my second display tv useless.

Statistics
86389 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.