Topic Title: Radeon HD 6870 black lines followed by black screen.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2014 03:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2014 03:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vodslip
Peon

While playing Skyrim I got a few (counted 5 afterwards) horizontal black lines on my screen. A few seconds after that, the screen went full black and everything crashed, except for the sound. Even the keyboard led's stopped responding.

Since then, the problem persists at "Welcome to Windows" screen. There appears 5 horizontal black lines and after a few seconds, full black screen and everything crashes.

I have tried already:
- Unninstalling and installing AMD Catalyst Drivers (Also tried installing the latest, beta one).
- Changing PCI-E Slots on the MOBA.
- Formatting the Computer.

That last one is because the problem happened on the first few seconds of me playing Skyrim, just after i installed a bunch of mods who added scripts all over my HD. (Around 150~ mods).

A friend of mine said that a script could "bug" my GPU, so he recommended me to reset my GPU bios, but I dont know how to do that and google haven't helped much.

I'll be testing the GPU on another computer later today, but my fear is that the GPU is actually "bugged", and won't work anywhere, tho it still can be saved.

I'll be more than happy to have any extra help on this.
Thanks. 

Edit: Forgot to add my PC Specs. 

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870
MOBA: M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Ed.  
Power Supply: Corsair VX550W 

Edited: 03/05/2014 at 03:17 PM by Vodslip
 03/10/2014 12:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vodslip
Peon

I've confirmed that the problem is the GPU.

Another info I can add is that even with the offboard GPU disabled on my Device Manager, no drivers of it installed, my monitor won't show any image if not connected to it.
I'm using the onboard video card at the moment.

Statistics
84686 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.