Topic Title: R9 270 x whites line and checkerboard at bios
Topic Summary: R9 270 x black screen before logon, unistall drivers and now white lines at bios prompt
Created On: 03/09/2014 04:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/09/2014 04:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
halibutk
Peon

Brand new computer 64bit windows 7  Fully updated, new install 3/7/14

Motherboard:  Asus p8z77-i wth latest bios updates,

CPU:  Intel I5-3570

Memory:  Kingston HyperX 16gb DDR3 1600

Power supply:  Rosewill Hive 650W

Video Card:  Asus r9 270x card

Drivers tried include 14.2 beta drivers and Catalyst software suite, 13.12

Story:  Computer was fine up front.  After I was done assembling and installing Catalyst 13.12, all windows updates, other drivers, update bios, etc, I decided to try my new computer out with some games.  Was playing the game Banished and it was stable and successful for about 3+ hours when the screen went Green with lots of artifacts (if im using the term correctly, screen looked green with white, sort of striped).

Was forced to hard reboot.  Upon reboot in safe mode, everything looked alright, no real error code so decided to reboot normal.  After that I would see bios posting then windows logo and nothign but black screen.  Research here and on Toms hardware forums indicated this happens with ATI cards and to do a complete driver wipe and reinstall new beta drivers.  Tried that and still had issues.  After several reboots the bios post screen enede up having vertical lines of white checkerboard.  After that I couldnt even get to windows icon.  Sometimes it was checkerboard sometimes the lines were solid white, each line size varied and sometimes it was upward of 30% of screen.

Troubleshooting steps taken to no result.  

-Tried differnt monitors, no change

-Intel onboard graphics worked and allowed me to get into Windows just fine

-tried wiping all drivers and restarting

Is card bad?  I can RMA it if in doubt.  Any other potential solution or causes for this.

03/29/2014 10:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Elod
Peon

I have the same problem !! What is the solution ? !!!

When i m watch a video on o facebook in the dark parth i see the lines.... in Dota 2 is the same (when i swich the Video setting to fullscreen its lag, but when si on window mond its ok... but the lines are thear all the time)

Statistics
86515 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.