Topic Title: Strange issues after R9 270X install
Topic Summary: In game speed ( character speed ) is like warp factor 10
Created On: 03/13/2014 08:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2014 08:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jdkzombie
Peon

Ok, so I recently upgraded from a GeForce GTX 660, to this R9 270x card, and already things are being frikkin weird.

I play skyrim, a lot, with tons of mods, but none have changed in the past week. Among other games that I play as well.

I installed the card, ran the disk, installed drivers, opened NMM, ran skyrim.exe to have it preset graphics settings, it set them for low quality....that was the first WTF.

The second WTF, was after I switched it Ultra settings and went on in game, the fps shows 45-61, but the actual speed of everything in game is like everything, and I mean everything it hopped up on meth.  You try to move forward a nudge, you travel 50 feet....you swing your weapon and you get a hrrruh and the actual action is already done and done.

Weird right?  Something I have wondered, was when I was hooking it up, I noticed it had 2 4 pin molex to 6 pin pcie adaptor cables.  My psu only has 3 molex connectors, but 3 pcie cables as well.  It's a Allied brand 500w.  According to my math, I need a max of 428w total if everything is loaded at 100% and that's with a generous extra 20% on top for good measure.

Am I losing my mind?  Anyone have any ideas?

Statistics
87610 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.