Topic Title: Graphic problems with radeon hd 7700 1gig
Topic Summary: Having problems with missing textures and screen tearing
Created On: 03/15/2014 02:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2014 02:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Silverforte
Peon

I just updated my video card to the radeon hd 7700 1gig PCIe. I did the usual uninstalling of drivers, installed the new card, updated the most recent drivers and every single time I reboot my PC, the very first screen (the one where you hit F keys to enter setup) is badly distorted with what looks like the Matrix but red. When I get it booted up, there is extremely faint screen tearing even outside games. It's random in its severity. Sometimes I can't even see it. Certain games like Anno 2070 and DCUO have missing textures, but not every model is missing them. I don't really know what to do as I've tried everything, including using older drivers.

Windows XP 32bit

AMD Athlon 4450e processor

550w PSU

ECS Iris8 motherboard (chipset on CPU-Z says Nvidia)

I should mention I got this card from newegg. It was supposed to be new but this is the sixth thing I've gotten from newegg that has not worked properly. So, literally every thing I've ever gotten off that s**t website has been problematic. My monitor is also pretty aged but the fact that textures are missing and the bootup screen is screwy make me think it's definitely the card. Is it the drivers? The card itself seems to perform fine in terms of game performance. It doesn't make any weird noises, it doesn't overheat and it appears to be in fine condition. Any ideas? When I install the drivers, it warns me that both the drivers and the card both fail the windows logo test.

03/17/2014 12:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Silverforte
Peon

Awesome customer support there, AMD.

Statistics
87495 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.