Topic Title: Pc won't detect Graphics card
Topic Summary: Graphics card driver
Created On: 03/25/2014 10:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/25/2014 10:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JimmyCaldow
Peon

So a while back when i bought the pc it had the amd radeon 7700 driver and it ran games perfect but it started flickering so i re-installed windows But it gave me a crap driver called the ati radeon 3000 and i cant run anygames, i then asked my friend for a bit of help and he told me to open up my pc and check the graphics card, after doing this i found out i had the amd radeon 7770 X-edition but it wont let me download the driver for this graphics card and i have also tried downloading the amd radeon 7700 driver again 

03/26/2014 12:55 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

You download the latest drivers directly from AMD.

http://www.amd.com/

1. Click on the "Drivers + Support" tab on the top menu bar.
  2. Click on the "Drivers + Download Center" button.
  3. Select the type of system that you have - Desktop Graphics.
  4. Select the product family your product belongs to - Radeon HD Series.
  5. Select your product - Radeon HD 7xxx Series PCIe.
  6. Choose the correct operating system that you have. (i.e. Windows Vista/7/8/8.1, 32-bit or 64-bit).
  7. Click the "Display Results" button.
  8. Download the Catalyst Software Suite.
  9. Install the software on your PC. Computer will reboot.

The latest WQHL certified driver should be 13.12. Use that. Do not use the Beta drivers, unless it is absolutely necessary.

"Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on. Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewithin."

- AMD.com

-------------------------

FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Dual-X HD 7970 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

03/26/2014 12:06 PM

Author Icon
JimmyCaldow
Peon

I tried this and it went to a blue screen saying it shut down my pc to prevent extra damage 

03/28/2014 02:15 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

Originally posted by: JimmyCaldow I tried this and it went to a blue screen saying it shut down my pc to prevent extra damage 

What are the computer specifications of your computer? If it is a prebult system (i.e. Acer, HP, etc), what is the model of the unit?

The Radeon HD 7770 you have may be a special one that uses a modified firmware...if your system is pre-built.

If you may, please download this software, and post back what it says about the Blue-Screen error that you received. http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

WhoCrashed essneitally analyses the Blue-Screen error...and creates a report that we, humans, could understand better...

-------------------------

FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Dual-X HD 7970 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

Statistics
86470 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.