Topic Title: Errors and crashes in games on new R9 270X: "Device hung due to badly formed commands"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/29/2014 03:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2014 03:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CSPQ
Peon

I just bought a Club3D R9 270X to replace my old GTX 460, which always worked without issue.

After a few minutes of running an intensive game or benchmark on the new card, the picture hangs (sound continues) and all I see is a pinkish pattern.

So far it's happened in Battlefield 3 and the Unigine Heaven Benchmark, only in DX11 (though I haven't tested extensively). Heaven locks the system up solid and I can't do anything, but when it happened in Battlefield I managed to get back to the desktop and got an error message: 

All my window backgrounds had the same neon pink color for a while.

The text of the error message: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemoveReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series", Driver: 13.12 (13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI)

So far I've tried reseating the video card and running Display Driver Uninstaller to fully clean up the old Nvidia drivers. No change.

Are there any other obvious things I should try before I resort to returning this card?

The rest of my system:

Platform:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (2812MHz) x6
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
Statistics
85504 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.