Topic Title: A Picky Graphics Card?
Topic Summary: Sapphire Radeon R7 250
Created On: 03/31/2014 06:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/31/2014 06:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HaloKid524
Peon

So, I sat down and bought a bunch of stuff for my computer. I bought RAM, I bought a new Motherboard, Processor, you know... The works. But something odd is going on with the Sapphire Radeon R7 250 I bought. It's not that it doesn't work... It just doesn't want to work in my motherboard. I've tested both, and the both work... they just won't work together. So I dunno what to do.

03/31/2014 08:31 PM

Author Icon
heavywater
Peon

Perhaps try and provide us with more data
I.e. Which board and with which hardware did you test the board and gpu? 

04/01/2014 11:04 AM

Author Icon
HaloKid524
Peon

Well I know what board I'm using. I couldn't tell you the specs of the board I tested it on, as it was not mine. But my board is an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 (Still have the box.) I'm not sure entirely what else you would need to know. There is currently no RAM in it. As I bought Registered on accident. An AMD FX processor. 1 TB Hard drive (Not relevent I would assume)

04/02/2014 03:32 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

Originally posted by: HaloKid524 Well I know what board I'm using. I couldn't tell you the specs of the board I tested it on, as it was not mine. But my board is an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 (Still have the box.) I'm not sure entirely what else you would need to know. There is currently no RAM in it. As I bought Registered on accident. An AMD FX processor. 1 TB Hard drive (Not relevent I would assume)

Have a quick look at this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y

We need to know exaclty what you are running.

"AMD FX Processor" doesn't mean a whole lot. Which one is it? For all we know, it could be a first-generation FX-4100, a six-core FX-6300, or even an second-generation eight-core FX-8350.

What is the model number (version) of your Sapphire R7-250 graphics card? Sapphire has several different versions of the R7-250 available.

What version BIOS are you using for your motherboard? Are you using the latest BIOS / drivers, etc?

What Operating System are you using? Windows 7? Windows 8? 32-bit or 64-bit? Is it fully up-to-date?

What graphics drivers are you using? 13.12? 14.2 Beta?

etc, etc...

-------------------------

FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Dual-X HD 7970 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

04/03/2014 11:35 AM

Author Icon
HaloKid524
Peon

Originally posted by: -rascal-

Have a quick look at this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y

We need to know exaclty what you are running.

Sorry, I'm new to this posting my issues on a forum. I just hit a wall on what the possible issue would be, and would hate sacking a perfectly good card just because it won't pick it up for some reason.

"AMD FX Processor" doesn't mean a whole lot. Which one is it? For all we know, it could be a first-generation FX-4100, a six-core FX-6300, or even an second-generation eight-core FX-8350.

Well, It would be a first generatin I would assume, as it is a 4 core.

What is the model number (version) of your Sapphire R7-250 graphics card? Sapphire has several different versions of the R7-250 available.

Where exactly do I check that at?

Originally posted by: -rascal- What version BIOS are you using for your motherboard? Are you using the latest BIOS / drivers, etc?

Currently it would be running what ever bios come on the board out of the package. I had to buy new RAM for it, and havent actually gotten it yet, so I haven't messed with it much.

Originally posted by: -rascal- What Operating System are you using? Windows 7? Windows 8? 32-bit or 64-bit? Is it fully up-to-date?

I'm not using an OS yet, for the reason stated above, but plan on using Win 7 64-bit.

Originally posted by: -rascal- What graphics drivers are you using? 13.12? 14.2 Beta?

None, as I have no OS on it, and no RAM. But it's not picking up the Graphics card at all in the first place, and with no onboard video, I can't do much without it picking it up.

Statistics
85532 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.