Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: AMD needs customer service!
Topic Summary: Issues since I got this 7970 in 2012 and drivers have not fixed it yet?
Created On: 04/08/2014 03:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/08/2014 03:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
amdneedstofixthis
Peon

First question: how do i contact amd technical support, I paid almost a 1000 dollars for my card surely i am entitled to good support?

second question: The flickering, that people have reported on this forum in the 7970 has come out is still there with firefox and lol and maybe another thousand programs. Why has this not been fixed yet?

thrid question: why is core parking not disabled with drivers, it is absurd to think clients will tinker around in windows settings to fix it!?

forth question: your amd clean up utility deleted when I used it not only amd drivers but

Intel inf

usb 3 drivers

all steam passwords

a bitcoin wallet with 71 coins in it(i have a backup_

all steam settings

several jpeg files from my desktop

all system restores

origin pasword

and everything in c:/ that wasn't a folder

why the hell did it do that?

fifth question: xfx related, this is my 2nd card from xfx. the first one was faulty and this one is too. first ahs the flickering issue so i sent it back and after paying another $100 i was given a DD xfx 7970 whose fan 1 week after opening started making a noise that you would expect a torture device will make.

The fun fact is NO MORE WARRANTY. Great eh? well so, i removed the cover while i was at it because this 2 fan cooler ran a little hotter than the sun (101c underload, original xfx stock got to 81c max)

there is a hole, a tiny hole leaking coolant in the heat sink where the gpu touches the heatsink. (quality!!!) the fun fact is that after replacing the thermal paste it now only reaches 93c, while my frames drop to 40 in bf4 if i am lucky.

I would love some answers from amd! I won't get answers as most of the threads I see here are not. This will be my last amd card, i will also be asking out consumer protection agency to look into the quality of the cards as leaking water and electronics can be a dangerous combination!

System details:

ga z87x ud3h

16 team memory

1000w gigabyte psu

1x 7970 xfx (hurt your consumer confidence edition)

24" 950d 3d mon

a asprin for the migrane i suffer from dealing with this 1990 style website and no customer support links

cheers,

Chris.

Edited: 04/08/2014 at 03:52 PM by amdneedstofixthis
 04/08/2014 03:54 PM

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact

-------------------------

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

04/08/2014 04:13 PM

Author Icon
amdneedstofixthis
Peon

thank you, i will try it

04/08/2014 04:18 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

1) Fishman answered.
2) Not everyone has flickering issues.
3) Core parking deals with the CPU, which in your case is an Intel.
4) Doubtful that is the truth.
5) That is a XFX problem, not an AMD problem, as AMD only made the GPU, XFX assembled the rest of the card.

So go buy a GeForce since you think they never have any issues.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 04/08/2014 05:38 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

One of my builds has a pair of the very same cards...flawless performance.

Those cards NEVER cost $1000 each!

Software is ALWAYS used at the user's risk...that's why they have you accept the terms of use.  Issues with Intel builds using that utility have been addressed repeatedly on these forums.

DEAR READERS:

N E V E R  REMOVE THE FAN SHROUD OR COVER ON YOUR VIDEO CARD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND YOU ARE WILLING TO BRICK THE CARD IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

If a component fails after warranty period...THAT is the way of the world.  No evidence that the fault was due to a faulty card...so far.

Only gpus that have bricked for me were...Nvidias.  They however make fine products.

Non-noob components.

04/08/2014 05:59 PM

Author Icon
amdneedstofixthis
Peon

Originally posted by: black_zion 1) Fishman answered. 2) Not everyone has flickering issues. 3) Core parking deals with the CPU, which in your case is an Intel. 4) Doubtful that is the truth. 5) That is a XFX problem, not an AMD problem, as AMD only made the GPU, XFX assembled the rest of the card. So go buy a GeForce since you think they never have any issues.

2) and yet even if we are only 5 it still has not been fixed?

3) strange core parking only affects amd it seems...

4) yeah totally I did not spend almost 4 hours trying to repair the damage had to go into safe more and slowly but surely get my keyboard and mouse to work again and install everything... no that did not happen. you have proof too i suppose

5)their brand, they apporve vendors

and I have a 780 in what was my secondary rig, it is now my primary as my 7970 is so ficle and irritating. The 780 has not giving me any problems with the exeption with release bugs that were all sorted.

However your trying to turn this into a fan boy debate/fan war and i ask of you this: go away I have no interest in derailing my own thread I have 7950 with no issues what so all. The 7970 does this in multiple pc's and so did the one before it.

I have 5850 x 4 old bitcoin rig without issues, why am i getting such shoddy workmanship with one of the most expensive cards i have ever bought?

One again, if you go amd/nvidia I do request a mod to ban you. or if you think i am lying report it to the mods so someone that can help contact me so i can SHOW THEM PROOF.

04/08/2014 06:10 PM

Author Icon
amdneedstofixthis
Peon

Originally posted by: UcouldBrong

Those cards NEVER cost $1000 each!

DEAR READERS:

N E V E R  REMOVE THE FAN SHROUD OR COVER ON YOUR VIDEO CARD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND YOU ARE WILLING TO BRICK THE CARD IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

If a component fails after warranty period...THAT is the way of the world.  No evidence that the fault was due to a faulty card...so far.

Only gpus that have bricked for me were...Nvidias.  They however make fine products.

It was $1000, sorry you don't believe me but I do have the original invoice. Such is the price of living in africa. 

It was out of warranty

Nvidia vs amd again, go away!

Edited: 04/08/2014 at 06:53 PM by amdneedstofixthis
 04/08/2014 09:51 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

Enjoy being quoted but you left out the first and third (the most important one) lines of my post...

Non-noob components.

04/08/2014 11:38 PM

Author Icon
amdneedstofixthis
Peon

well yours works, that's nice mine and a lot of other people's don't work. it is a pointless post it is like saying well my car works... then your should too even though it's engine is missing. Great logic!

yeah that is nice, it is on the download page of the drivers. There is no warning prior to installation so what should I just take the damage caused as a light hearted joke?

no it is bloody disgraceful, not just doing what is suppost to badly but then disabling your pc. What kind of moron would actually allow that to exist on the driver download page? is there no quality control. I also have to note most of the world now brings companies to task that release dodgy and data destroying buggy software.

04/09/2014 12:25 PM

Author Icon
Hammey
Grinding Levels

Hi I know you are frustrated over this but AMD did not build your card. I suggest contacting the manufacture of your card and see what they have to say.

MSI Mpower Max, I7-4770K, MSI GTX 780 Lightning, G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB DDR3-2400, 2X Kingston HyperX 3K 480GB , 1Tb Raptor, Creative ZXR Sound, 1000 watt Coolermaster Single 80 amp Rail, G700s Mouse, Z5500 Speakers
 04/09/2014 01:49 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ray@AMD
Forum Moderator

I've let you vent, so I'm going to lock this thread.

AMD Customer Care

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84690 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.