Topic Title: What should i do now?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/15/2014 01:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/15/2014 01:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nick199
Peon

I am using Amd Radeon R7770 OC EDITION Graphics Card.

Just 2 months before i had problem with fan( creepy sound ) and fps drops while in game..

I sent it for Checkup and received it after 1 months, as i am from India and from the service provider i was said that there is no MSI service centre in India it will take time...

Now after 2 months i am having the same problem and now the sound is more..I opened and replaced it/even checked it in another computer , but the problem seems to remain..

So, did they even checked my GPU?? Or they just returned it back just like as it was ? And what should i do now ? Again give them for check up and wait for 1 month more? ?

04/15/2014 04:48 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

Look to see if fan is contacting shroud and making noise.

Is the computer in a dusty enviroment?  Are the fans coated with dust?

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

04/15/2014 05:13 PM

Author Icon
nick199
Peon

Originally posted by: UcouldBrong Look to see if fan is contacting shroud and making noise.

Is the computer in a dusty enviroment?  Are the fans coated with dust?

No, i checked it ..fans are probably not hitting cover(it sounds more when i enter games and when the fan speed is faster) and it's not in dusty enviroment..I clean my Pc every month

04/15/2014 07:08 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

Would try disconnecting and removing the card (after grounding yourself on the PC frame)...using compressed air to force air behind fan.  Gently shake the card...anything rattling?  With the card out of the case spin the fans with fingers, a vacuum cleaner or the compressed air?  Any noise?

Increase power to card in CCC.

No specs given...be sure you have sufficient psu.

Non-noob components.

04/17/2014 07:18 PM

Author Icon
khanhnguyen
Peon

OMG, it's bad luck for you! I think you might have trouble with the power supply or fan in your laptop. I am using dell vostro laptop performance with Radeon 6630 1GB card, I do not use more fan support, it still works normally. So I think that AMD has made ??their task quite well.
Hope that you will fix problems soon.

04/18/2014 05:44 AM

Author Icon
nick199
Peon

Wellm,i am not using Laptop.

Don't have so much time to check it again,and again call an computer expert and they will probably ask me to take it for service center.!then wait for another 1 month....It's rediculous...

I opened it and will buy a Nvidia one...Atleast better service and good than this one.

04/18/2014 06:30 AM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

You never did post your specs as requested.  You told us one piece of information about your computer components.  Now you have already given up because...you don't have time...

If you buy anything...be sure to read tfm before you do anything . Only YOU can prevent computer fires.

Non-noob components.

07/13/2014 09:33 AM

Author Icon
Vegan
Alpha Geek

Originally posted by: nick199 I am using Amd Radeon R7770 OC EDITION Graphics Card.

Just 2 months before i had problem with fan( creepy sound ) and fps drops while in game..

I sent it for Checkup and received it after 1 months, as i am from India and from the service provider i was said that there is no MSI service centre in India it will take time...

Now after 2 months i am having the same problem and now the sound is more..I opened and replaced it/even checked it in another computer , but the problem seems to remain..

So, did they even checked my GPU?? Or they just returned it back just like as it was ? And what should i do now ? Again give them for check up and wait for 1 month more? ?

Dust and other contaminants have trashed the cheap fan AMD users on their lower cost video cards.

You could clean the card and use WD-40 to libricate the fan, but you are pretty much SOL now for gettng a new card.

Get an air purifier or 3 for your shop to keep the  air clean.

Statistics
87482 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.