Topic Title: AMD 7970 Resolution Issue via HDMI on BRAVIA TV
Topic Summary: resolution issue, Bravia TV, AMD HD 7970
Created On: 04/22/2014 06:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2014 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
djehm
Peon

Hi everyone (BTW sorry if I'm missing some rules here, but I'm new to this forum stuff) I recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV (40w607b) and when I connect it to my MSI Lightning 7970 -through the DVI to HDMI, or the minidisplay port to DVI and then DVI to HDMI- the resolution system says it is full hd (1080p) and the tv also informs the same, the point is that the image appears a little bit blurry with the colors washed out more like a forced 720p resolution, but when I uninstall the drivers to see if that's the problem the system switch to real FULLHD showing me crisp text, full screen and cristal clear colors; so I'm guessing that the problem is with the graphics card or the drivers on it (I'm using the latest ones, and also tried the beta ones), also, because I do have other 1080p capable devices that works great on the tv on fullHD mode. I've already played with all the CCC controls and options to get something close of what I want but it doesn't help that much because of the resolution issue I'm dealing with. I'm really lost on this one, before this tv I used to have an LCD LG TV that was connected through VGA (DVI to VGA adapter) with no problems at all; Please help me! I do video and graphic works on my pc and this issue is driving me nuts! thanks in advance, below this I'll let my system specs if that helps in something, good day to all of you!

===================================

Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1

Core i7 970

24 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600 MHZ)

MSI/AMD 7970 3GB RAM DDR5

Primary HDD SSD 250 Muskin Chronos Deluxe

Second HDD 2 Seagate barracuda 2TB

Mother Board Asus Sabertooth X58

CCC Version: 13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI

-------------------------
audiovisual producer.
 04/22/2014 07:53 PM

Author Icon
zero00
Peon

I have the same issue with my r9 270. You are getting 1080p at 30hz not 60hz, thats why the text looks blurry. I resorted to using dvi and 3.5mm for sound. I have tried just using the microsoft standard driver and it works, but I dont get any sound. I use mine for gaming/htpc, with the tv mounted to the wall and the hdmi cables already in the wall, so the dvi/3.5mm are just hanging there. I am still waiting for a resolution also, but I have researched it for a while and it doesnt look good.

04/22/2014 11:30 PM

Author Icon
Vegan
Elite

I suggest using HDMI or DisplayPort for the TV

Not all cables and adapaters are the same, there are lot of issues that I have identified using my own panel

I have both AMD and NVIDIA video cards galore too

-------------------------

Statistics
85448 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.