Topic Title: AMD Radeon 6800 Series Stuttering & Freezing Issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/29/2014 06:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/29/2014 06:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Deadpoolio
Peon

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster. Here are my specs and details.

Graphics Card

AMD RADEON HD 6870

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Been happening since I started playing the games with this card

Catalyst: 14.4

Driver Package: 14.10.1006-140417a-171099C

Operating System

Windows 7 64-bit

Issue Details

Having issues with almost every game I try to play on Medium Quality. When I try it on high it's completely unplayable. Even on low settings it's stuttering so badly that every second you lag. This is online and offline play.

Games include Batman Arkham Series, Borderlands Series, Call of Duty Series, Bioshock Series, Command and Conquer Series, Crysis, Deadpool, Team Fortress, Loadout just to name a few. Even on low quality they stutter. It's not as bad but still makes gameplay almost unbearable.

During Call of Duty Ghosts singleplayer or online play I get about 5 minutes of play before my PC Freezes. No BSOD or anything, but it freezes to the point and goes to a black screen. Only way to turn it off is to hold the power button.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H

Power Supply

Thermaltake EVO_Blue 650w

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

Tried HDMI and VGA, but currently using HDMI.

Applications and Games

Stated earlier.

CPU Details

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz

Motherboard BIOS Version

Award Software International, Inc. FF, 24/11/2010

System Memory Type & Amount

2x 2GB DDR3 G.SKILL RIPJAWS

2x 2GB DDR3 G.SKILL TRIDENT

Additional Hardware

4x SAMSUNG 2TB Drives

4x Case Fans

Additional Details

Been happening for a while now. Tried different drivers, tried 32 and 64-bit windows and still nothing is working. My specs well surpass the minimum required to run these games as well. I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security and it has been tested with it being off and on as well as the Steam GUI turned off to try and help but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do enjoy my gaming. If parts need to be added or replaced I'll take it highly under consideration. 

Edited: 04/29/2014 at 07:12 AM by Deadpoolio
 05/01/2014 01:26 AM

Author Icon
Deadpoolio
Peon

Bump

05/01/2014 01:33 PM

Author Icon
Magnustx
Peon

Hi,

I am having the very same issue with the same video card, HD 6870 single fan edition. I have tried pretty much everything too but the only game I play  is World of Warcraft. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

05/06/2014 04:17 AM

Author Icon
Deadpoolio
Peon

Let's try again.

*Bump*

05/06/2014 09:33 AM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

bumping your thread wont get you help any sooner,this is a peer-peer forum.If you get no response it means no one has an answer.

Bumping it though may get it locked.

-------------------------

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

05/06/2014 09:38 AM

Author Icon
Deadpoolio
Peon

Originally posted by: Earnhardt bumping your thread wont get you help any sooner,this is a peer-peer forum.If you get no response it means no one has an answer.

Bumping it though may get it locked.

I'm well aware of what kind of Forum this is. Bumping the thread is simply to get it to the top and into the recent posts list which brings it to more people's attention. Thanks for giving me a chance to bump it again though.

Doesn't seem like anyone will have an answer for this unfortunately, I've even contacted AMD directly and they said others have had this issue but there has been no work-around for it.

May be time for a new Card and PSU to go with it. 

05/06/2014 01:47 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

What are all the temperatures?

RAM is NOT the same and most likely incompatible.

Non-noob components.

05/06/2014 06:40 PM

Author Icon
Deadpoolio
Peon

Originally posted by: UcouldBrong What are all the temperatures?

RAM is NOT the same and most likely incompatible.

Haven't checked the temperatures as I'm not sure how to monitor them, but I've tried with an 800w PSU and my regular 650w PSU, both with the same outcome and around the same time causing a freeze. I've emailed G.Skill directly and spoken with a few "Guru's" and they claim that the RAM is definitely compatible.

Next step is me trying the card in a mate's machine and seeing if they have the same issue as me. Hopefully I can test it out today. 

05/06/2014 07:09 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

Temps are in Gigabyte Utilities that came with your motherboard.

When you posted your components it looked like you had two versions posted of your RAM...traditionally mother board vendors insist on additional RAM sticks being identical...perhaps that is not a concern with G.Skill.

Non-noob components.

Edited: 05/06/2014 at 07:16 PM by UcouldBrong
Statistics
84329 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.