Topic Title: Nasty PC crash since updating to 14.4
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/30/2014 02:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2014 02:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vouker
Peon

So i have a Sapphire HD6770 1GB, and since i installed 14.4 basically whenever i play a game, my whole pc freezes at random points during gameplay. At times ive managed to clock in like half an hour of BF4 gameplay, and at other times in games such as War thunder it just freezes once i load the main screen. The screen does not turn black, and BSOD is not an issue, the pc just freezes. The Audio falls into a loop and i have to restart my pc, which boots up just fine, and runs just fine until i run a game. Ctrl. Alt. Del. does not work, and the little led that shows HDD use (i think thats what it does, the one next to the power LED) just goes completely black, or keeps turned on. Overheating i dont think is a problem as both my GPU and CPU run at about 45 degrees celcius.

What could be the problem? this is a very annoying crash!

05/01/2014 12:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

The ONLY information you give regarding your PC components is an HDD and your older 1 GB video card model...

If I had to guess...wouldn't.  Your subject says "nasty crash", then you say "freeze" three times...

WHEN does your cpu and gpu run at 45C?

Have you looked in your BIOS?

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

Statistics
85463 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.