Topic Title: All versions after Catalyst 14.4 has EDID HDMI issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/28/2014 07:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/16/2014 09:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MyL1ttlepwny
Peon

Originally posted by: Vegan i suggest trying the new 14.7 that surfaced wednesday

If u mean 14.7 RC3 i have tried it, and the issue is still there.

-------------------------

i5 4670K @ 4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus Hero VII | 2x8GB Corsair 1600 LP | Asus Radeon R9 290 DC2OC | Fractal Design Define R4  | Noctua NH-D14 | 2.5TB HDD | LG 245WP-BN 24" | Qpad MK-50 | Razer Imperator | Logitech G9/G13/G35 |  Windows 7 Ultimate x64

08/16/2014 12:39 PM

Author Icon
Vegan
Alpha Geek

then roll back to a version that works and wait for the next contestant

09/30/2014 11:14 AM

Author Icon
MyL1ttlepwny
Peon

Just tried 14.9 WHQL, same problem...why did you break something that was working before!?

i5 4670K @ 4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus Hero VII | 2x8GB Corsair 1600 LP | Asus Radeon R9 290 DC2OC | Fractal Design Define R4  | Noctua NH-D14 | 2.5TB HDD | LG 245WP-BN 24" | Qpad MK-50 | Razer Imperator | Logitech G9/G13/G35 |  Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Edited: 09/30/2014 at 11:24 AM by MyL1ttlepwny
 09/30/2014 12:45 PM

Author Icon
Vegan
Alpha Geek

Originally posted by: black_zion Quit using HDMI.

HDMI is not a problem, I use it sucessfylly with both NVIDIA and AMD display adapaters fine.

11/01/2014 10:16 PM

Author Icon
VivaItalia
Peon

Hi Everyone..

I found some information that may be very helpful to all of you who are having issues with an LG-245WP monitor and are having the screen cropped and shifted to the left when using an HDMI connection.

Remember that attempting any of the information being provided is at your own risk and I do not take any responsibility for anything that may occur by using this information. I am providing this information as it resolved the issue on my LG-245WP.

Go to: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=1772.0 and read post #7 by SuperioRus.

The instructions explains how to put your monitor into service mode and to enable you to flash your EDID as well as provide information on how to use EDID Programmer to flash your new EDID to your monitor.

I have used this method and I was able to successfully fix my monitor. I am using my LG-245WP LCD with an HDMI connection using ATI 14.9 catalyst drivers on my 280x video card.

The steps:

Followed the steps provided by SuperioRus (link provided above) to put my monitor into service mode and turned aging mode to ON.

I downloaded and installed the EDID Programmer software.

Opened the EDID Programmer software, choose Accessory module, then choose my display (you may see one or two, GSM5623 is analog and GSM5624 is digital) choose GSM5624 then select read. The program will read your monitor's current EDID. Click Save and name the file anything you want such as "originalEDID". Once this file is created, make another copy of it as a backup in case you ever want to reflash this EDID back to the LCD.

Next, download and install EDID Manager.

Open EDID Manager and click load EDID from registry. (When doing this make sure you have not messed around with EDID entries in your registry already.. if you have in the past, I would suggest doing this on a computer that has not had the registry tinkered with.)

You will now see a proper EDID in EDID Manager.

I then used Notepad to open the file I created using EDID Programmer and compared the values shown in EDID Manager. The only part of the EDID I cared about was from 0-127. All the other values beyond 127 I did not tinker with. I went through each value to make sure they matched exactly, if a value was different I made sure to take the value from EDID Manager and changed it in the file opened in notepad.

Once all the characters from 0-127 matched I then followed SuperioRus instructions of making sure value 126 was 00 and whatever my value was for 127 I added one to it. Keep in mind these values are HEX so when SuperioRus said he added 1, SuperioRus meant he added one decimal to it.

Here is an example.. SuperioRus said he had 2F originally and then changed it to 30. Hexidecimal value 2F equals 47 in Decimal. Since he needs to add 1 the decimal value, he will use 48. Decimal 48 converted to HEX is 30 so that is why he changed 2F to 30

You can use this link to assist with your conversion: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

Also note that SuperioRus said to modify values 127 and 128 but I think that was a mistake as he really meant 126 and 127 because the EDID starts at 0 not 1. When you read his instructions and it says 127 and 128, edit 126 and 127 instead.

At this point my file I created from EDID Programmer has the exact same values shown in EDID Manager except for item 126 and 127 as they were modified as per SuperioRus instructions.

I then saved the file I edited in Notepad, went back to EDID Programmer, again make sure accessory module is selected, pick GSM5624, click open, select your modified file that you had just edited. Then click Write.

EDID Programmer will write the EDID to your LCD, once done it will do a quick verify and that is it.

Reboot your PC and the monitor should perform properly.

Hope this information is helpful.

Statistics
88867 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.