Topic Title: Graphics Card stuck at lowest clock speed(300MHz)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/31/2014 03:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/31/2014 03:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AlexChelu
Peon

The closk speed just locks at 300MHz and stays there, I dont know why this is happening but its really annoying. It used so solve itself when I restarted, now restarting will only solve it for about 10 min.

I checked online and i see other people are having this problem aswell. The computer or graphics card dont overheat, they are waaaaay under what you could call overheated, they run at about 30-35 degrees C*.

I have the ASUS AMD Radeon 7770 1GB

Lots of people are having this issue with lots of different amd graphics cards. Please solve this.

Thanks

Alex

05/31/2014 04:40 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

Make sure you are running your game in Full-Screen and not Windowed-Mode. If not, it will not kick into 3D (maximum) clock speeds.

Also, what game /applications are you trying to run that are giving you this issue?

What are your full system specifications? We can't help you too much more if you don't give any information about your system.

Referring tot he *Sticky* post. http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y

IMPORTANT

When posting a thread about a particular issue you are experiencing it is very helpful if you provide as much information as possible.  Please use the template below, and be as detailed as you can.  It will enable your fellow forum members to provide more accurate and helpful suggestions.

NOTE! Please do not copy/paste DirectX Diagnostic Reports into your post.

Graphics Card
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously

Operating System
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc..
- include details about additional operating systems also tested

Issue Details
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue
- describe in detail the issue experienced
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..)
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V)

Power Supply

- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex:  DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used

Applications and Games

- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring
- include details about version or patch numbers

CPU Details
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)

Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)

System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model

Additional Hardware
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed

Additional Details
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing)

-------------------------

FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Dual-X HD 7970 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

Edited: 05/31/2014 at 05:08 AM by -rascal-
 05/31/2014 05:06 AM

Author Icon
ksus
Peon

@AlexChelu

If the upper post is not related to the issue;

1) You can flash bios with clock profiles you want. *(I would not recommend if you don't know what you are doing)

2) You can use OC tools like msi afterburner to set clocks and profile to whatever you want. Quite safe (again if you know what are you doing)

Regards.

The force is strong with this one.

06/01/2014 05:37 AM

Author Icon
AlexChelu
Peon

8gb of ram

power supply is 550watts

2tb hard drive(idk if this helps)

no special cooling options

win 7 home 64 bit

I try playing garrys mod, payday2, minecraft, they all run fullscreen. I know it is not overheating, I tried overclocking it a tiny lil' bit and then going back but it just stays there.

When I start a fulscreen game it goes to 1020MHz , which should be normal, but performance doesn't match...

Edited: 06/01/2014 at 08:02 AM by AlexChelu
 06/01/2014 08:51 PM

Author Icon
ksus
Peon

I would try running msi kombustor and see how's the gpu usage scaling. Also check your catalyst options so that you aren't forcing down AA or anything of such.

The force is strong with this one.

06/13/2014 07:16 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Originally posted by: -rascal- Make sure you are running your game in Full-Screen and not Windowed-Mode. If not, it will not kick into 3D (maximum) clock speeds.

Just want to add that this is not true.  It does not matter whether you run games fullscreen or windowed, unless you're doing Crossfire.

Statistics
87570 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.