Topic Title: GPU Usage 99% on startup
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/05/2014 07:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/05/2014 07:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ezek1el
Peon

So my issue is as the title says, my GPU is running 99% on startup. I tried uinstaling and reinstaling everything 7 times but still the same problem.

But you know whats funny? When i start the driver instalation when my PC is booted everything runs FINE after instaling is done, BUT when i turn off or even RESET the PC problem occurs again.(Iam tired of starting instalation on every PC startup)

I didnt get this problem when i bought card and when i had older drivers. Problem ocured from time to time when i got nevest drivers. My GPu Tweak program shows 99% GPU Usage on startup and as i said i TRIED reinstalling everything. I tried Beta drivers too. None did work after i reset PC, GPU at 99% and i need to run instalation guide AGAIN even when the PC says it HAS the drivers and instalation program of drivers tells me the same, but instalation starts anyways and after that GPU drops to 0% and everything runs cool.

Graphic: ASUS HD 7770 Direct Cu
Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE
Drivers: 14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql

System: Win7 64bit Ultimate service pack 1

06/05/2014 07:52 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

When you first start up...this will happen to some extent. The MOM and CCC programs do their thing, then the usage drops.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/05/2014 07:57 PM

Author Icon
Ezek1el
Peon

Thanks for fast reply,
but I guess thats not the issue. I have been waiting for it to drop when i encountered problem at first, browsed internet for a while and still GPU was at 99% sometimes it droped to 60% for a while and then back to 99%.

06/05/2014 09:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

note: Run Windows Update first..install the relevent 'optional' and 'recommended' updates.

If you have issues after installing AMD driver suites, this is one method you can try.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

You should make a system restore point before attempting, just in case

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'
For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot into 'safe mode'
In safe mode run Driver Fusion  http://treexy.com/ (free version).
Select AMD graphics, analyse and delete all it finds.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/05/2014 09:55 PM

Author Icon
Ezek1el
Peon

Thank you, hope this will help.

06/05/2014 11:11 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Use task manager to see which program is also loading the CPU. Nothing uses GPU time without CPU time.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 06/06/2014 10:00 AM

Author Icon
Ezek1el
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped note: Run Windows Update first..install the relevent 'optional' and 'recommended' updates.

If you have issues after installing AMD driver suites, this is one method you can try.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

You should make a system restore point before attempting, just in case

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates 2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install 3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).  Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program' For computers with Intel processors: Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software' Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors: Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot into 'safe mode' In safe mode run Driver Fusion  http://treexy.com/ (free version). Select AMD graphics, analyse and delete all it finds.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

Okey, I did the following and after instalation ended I restarted the PC.
GPU is normal for this time. Ill se what happends the next time I restart or turn off PC. If something goes wrong, then Ill post here again. Thank you for your time and help.

06/07/2014 03:36 PM

Author Icon
Ezek1el
Peon

Well okey Iam BACK again.
This time it began few minutes after my PC fully loaded up. I went on the internet, Skype turned on and BAM GPU Usage is 99% again.
This is in my opinion driver problem becouse I reinstaled it 8 times.

By the way, I ran driver installer again and everything works.

------
My issue is when PC is restarted or turned off and on.

------

Edited: 06/07/2014 at 03:58 PM by Ezek1el
Statistics
84175 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.