Topic Title: MSI Radeon R9 270 freezing issues
Topic Summary: tl;dr system completely freezes requiring hard reset during games
Created On: 06/19/2014 07:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2014 07:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
scorps
Peon

http://puu.sh/9AbFc/9c6b41b0e6.png

No overclocking. Everything is default.

PSU is Corsair CX Series 600 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 552 Power Supply CX600M

First-time builder here. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I'm using AMD's drivers instead of MSI's because my friend and multiple reviews said to.

The card is great- a huge, huge step up from my old prebuilt that couldn't play games on low settings without crapping itself out. Unfortunately, it can't actually run anything too long without freezing. I found out the fans won't go any higher than 18% even when under load (could probably change it by setting it manually). It happened on Bioshock Infinite, Tiny and Big, and GTAIV. There is no stuttering before the freeze, and everything was always very smooth. Windows install is basically fresh and the diagnostic tool says the memory doesn't have any problems. While running Furmark, the GPU temperatures reached around high fifties to low sixties which is uncomfortably high but probably not meltdown level? The CPU more or less stays acceptably cool. Is it an overheating issue, and can it be fixed without returning the card?

e- it's refurbished, if that changes anything

Statistics
86514 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.