Topic Title: Radeon HD 6570 Issues
Topic Summary: Card/drivers are simply not working correctly
Created On: 06/20/2014 05:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2014 05:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Qweasdy
Peon

The HD6570 was my old card and I used it for the best part of a year if I remember correctly before I upgraded to a more powerful Nvidia GTX 650ti boost but recently the new card died on me. 

Luckily I'd kept the old HD6570 so I immediately reinstalled after I realised what the problem was (I had to reinstall windows I should point out and had already started setting everything up again and only realised it was the card after I installed the drivers for it and it stopped working again). 

I was unable to uninstall the nvidia drivers beforehand as the computer was unable to start up properly so I just plugged the card in, installed the amd drivers and went through and uninstalled everything that said nvidia.

This seemed to work fine until I tried to run Windows Experience Index and it gave me the error "Could not measure video playback performance", I looked into this issue and found the video files it ran during the test.  On trying to run one of them in windows media player I got the error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

None of the recommended fixes for this problem worked. Also reinstalling drivers etc. did not work either.

So I gave up on windows experience index, no big deal I'd fix that another time, time for daily Hearthstone quests, and for the most part Hearthstone works fine. It does however flicker noticeably on scene transitions, for example on entering a game the animation switching to the game board will flicker between the game board and the transition screen. It's a bit jarring but still playable.

The only other game I've tested would be Warthunder, this one doesn't work at all, https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/200522132 This is the error I get when I try to run it in directx 9 mode, in directx 11 I get an additional (poorly translated) error of "There will be used DirectX 9".

So is this a problem with the card or have I installed it incorrectly somehow? It's worth noting that neither windows nor dxdiag can find any issues with the card and by all accounts it appears to be working just fine. During the time I had the other card I'd placed it inside the new cards protective  packaging and stowed it away where it hasn't budged since then so I consider it unlikely that it was damaged somehow during that time.

Specs:

AMD Radeon HD 6570

AMD A8-3800

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Statistics
84134 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.