Just got this card and have been having stability problems right after first driver instlall (details below)
- Saphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
- Bios is 015.042.000.000.000000 (I noticved there is a 043 bios out
but someone told me to not install BIOS that are not right from the manufacturer)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Started with the latest v14 drivers from AMD web site, but was just getting a black screen immediately upon boot. Only way to get rid of this was to shut it down.
- 13.12c and 13.11 have been the most stable. I am able to boot, play games etc but out of nowhere I will get a blue screen of death. This is NOT during heavy gaming, I actually have not blue screened while gaming. It was opening a video on Windows Media Player and just surfing one time.
Windows 7 64 Bit
- Inability to use latest AMD drivers because my monitor goes into instant black screen upon boot. This goes away when I boot in safe or uninstall v14 drivers.
- drivers v13.12c and 13.11 work OK. But get blue screens while NOT gaming and NOT on high GPU use.
-I'm wondering if I should upgrade BIOS? Some people said they had success there but I am new to thsi stuff so that feels a little risky.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- MSI Z77MA-G45
Antec EA650W - Green - 80+ Bronzehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371044
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
-Vizio TV using HDMI Cable
- Using an I-INC 28" montor using Display Port to HDMI converter
Applications and Games
-One time when starting a movie on Windows Media Player Classic
- Other 2 times seemingly random
-Has NOT CRASHED DURING GAMING
- IOntel I5-3570k Quad Core @ 3.4ghz
no overlcock at the moment
Motherboard BIOS Version
MSi American megatrends Inc v1.4