- XFX R9-270X-CD
- No overclocking
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Current: "amd-catalyst-14.6-rc2-windows-june23"
-Tried: "14.10.1006" or whatever the newest non beta driver is
- Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
- I uninstalled all previous drivers put the new card in started back up and installed the new catalyst drivers/software. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to play Skyrim. After playing for maybe five minutes both of my screens went to blueish brownish bars. I could still hear my music playing but couldn't see or do anything.
- I thought there might be something wrong with how I had installed the drivers so I followed the instructions in the "Clean Install AMD Drivers" sticky in the drivers and software forum. After doing that I started skyrim back up and had the same problem.
- I tried running Skyrim on lower settings and windowed and I still got the same screen BUT my computer managed to recover. I got a system message saying "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.:
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- MSI ZH77A-G46 (MS-7758)
- Thermaltake TR2-600NL2NC 600w
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Acer H243H
- Acer S242HL
- They are both connected using DVI
Applications and Games
- I've only had this happen while playing games. I recreated the problem with "World of Warcraft", "Skyrim", "Assasin's Creed 1", and "Watch Dogs" It seems to happen fastest in Skyrim though.
- Intel Core i3 2100 @3.10Ghz
- No overclocking
Motherboard BIOS Version
- American Megatrends Inc V1.7 (So CPU-Z tells me...)
System Memory Type & Amount
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
- Samsung SSD
- 6x 120mm Case Fans and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler
- Windows update is good to go and up to date. Windows Defender ran at 2am this morning 7/6 so should be good on viruses.
- My computer had no issues before switching to this GPU. I just bought it to replace my old HD4850.