- XFX ATI Radeon HD 5750 PCIe 16x (Stock clock)
- ATI FireMV 2400 PCIe 1x (Stock clock)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- ATI Radeon 14.10.1006 (
- ATI FireMV v8.593.100.8 (Windows7-64bit-12/07/2009)
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
- My computer has run properly with the XFX Radeon HD 5750 for some time. I wanted some more displays (3+) on my main workstation and purchased a ATI FireMV 2400+ as it is a PCIe 1x card with quad display potential.
- Installed the card and Windows 8.1 couldn't find a driver in the Microsoft update catalog so I downloaded the Windows 7 64bit driver and pointed the system to the folder and told it to search for drivers in the extracted files.
- It installed the drivers and instructed that I needed a reboot and after doing so the ATI FireMV 2400 works properly and the Radeon provides the following error in display manager: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)"
-If I uninstall the Radeon drivers and delete the driver files then reboot the system when it starts up, during login, the Radeon drivers are automatically installed from the Microsoft Catalog (Including catalyst control center) breaking the FireMV card. The error displayed on the FireMV card is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instanace of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)"
-If I reboot the system with the Radeon HD 5750 working and the FireMV in code 38 the FireMV comes up and the Radeon HD breaks. Subsequent reboots keeps the FireMV working and the Radeon HD stays in Code 43.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Main System is a HP Pavilion a6720y
- Asus 400w, I will have to get the exact model number when I get home from work.
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Radeon HD 5750 -> DVI -> Dell E2210
- FireMV 2400 -> DVI -> Dell 2001FP
- FireMV 2400 -> DVI -> Dell E228WFP
Applications and Games
- Problem occurs on boot up and is present on all applications/games.
- AMD Phenom x4 9550 (Stock)
Motherboard BIOS Version
- HP BIOS b5.22 07-21-2010
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8GB (4x2GB Standard Crucial memory, nothing special)
- Seagate 3.5" 7200rpm SATA disk
- 1x large case fan in the rear
- 1x SATA RVDRW Optical drive
- No other PCIe or PCI devices installed
- Removal of one device or the other allows the remaining to operate normally.