Topic Title: 6970 black checkered squares over certain applications
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/31/2014 04:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/31/2014 04:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
skinnypete
Peon

Hi,

I have a 6970 about a year and a half old, that functions fine in general with even demanding games running smoothly and without too much heat produced. However in specific applications, for example Spotify and the game 'The Stanley Parable' I get strange black squares in a checker pattern across the screen, although usually only the bottom half. They flicker in and out and aren't always whole squares. I am positive this is the card and not my OS as I have completely reinstalled Windows 7 and it still happens, I have tried old and new drivers, I have tried over and undervolting the card and turning the clock speed down, and fans up. Strangely this only happens in Windows, not Ubuntu or BackTrack. This completely flummoxes me and maybe it could be software related? This problem has been going on for quite a while and it is incredibly annoying, not entirely sure when it started but at least 6 months ago. The forum won't let me upload photos so here is a link to two screenshots as examples of the problem: http://imgur.com/a/K2Pkr

Thanks,

Skinnypete

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

AMD phenom II x6 1055t

4gb of DDR3

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

650w corsair PSU

08/04/2014 07:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
skinnypete
Peon

Nobody? Well bump I guess.

Statistics
86636 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.