Topic Title: AMD 6870 Black Screen and Vertical lines Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/01/2014 02:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2014 02:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Onix
Peon

Hey Guys

My Name is Onix and I own a AMD Sapphire 6870 Toxic Edition GPU, its Old but it has been always fitting my needs because lately i'm not a hardcore gamer anymore .

Last Night I wanted to play some BattleField 3 and after like 2 minutes My PC freezed .. Black Screen and nothing was responding even the restart Button , The Machine Completely Died so i had to Unplug the power and start the computer again .

Now ill Explain to you all of the attempts so u might figure out whats going on because i really don't know how to diagnose this .

Atempt 1 : Started BF3 , after 2 minutes , Black screen and the machine died .

Atempt 2 : After the start up and before doing anything, SkyBlue Screen with Vertical Dark Blue Lines and the machine Died .

Atempt 3,4,5 : No signal Dedected, GPU fan running and nothing but Black Screen and no RAM Beebs at the start up . I tried running the PC with only 1 ram and it was the same . 

After the last attempt i had to cool down alittle because i was going mad and i could have broke the damn PC .. After 10 Minutes i removed the rams , GPU and cleaned the dust from both and even cleaned the whole PC because i thought it might be heat issues and changed installed the card on a defferent PCI-E Slot .

Atempt 6 : Same as above , so i reset the Cmos Battery .. switched to the Secondary BIOS, Unpluged the Main Power Cabel to empty all Electric charges Plugged every thing back and I managed to get the PC working and i reached my Desktop .

At this Point i had this theory in my Mind that it might be the CPU heating up so much and it caused the issues ( its a stupid theory But pair with me ) so i launched HW Monitor and i wanted to make my CPU busy with some prossessing so i opened some heavy ass Adobe apps and i was preparing something to render at the same time of keeping my eye on the CPU and GPU temp, and then Black Screen .. everything freezed and the machine died , and last read i managed to take is that CPU temp is about 60 and GPU temp was 71 .

Long story short ...

Last Attempt : i managed to make it work and once i got to my Desktop i had this Weird Massege ( Desplay Driver Error , Faild .. something like that ) and the i was lagging like hell and then another Black Screen and after that we are back to no signal detected all the time .

I'm Confused as hell ... right now i'm using my Friend's spare GPU to write this message, My PC has been running for 10 hours now but i'm afraid to do anything .. the only thing that i klicked is the Chrome Web Browser and HW Monitor .

is it the video Card ? or the Power ? or the CPU ? or the heat ? or the MB ? or a software issue ? i'm really not sure what to do .

If You Must know ..

- Ive been using this build for more than 3 years i never had a hardware issues before .

- at this time of the year its bloody hot here and i know that i have some heat issues my CPU never got above 80 same as my GPU .

- i dont have another PC to change parts and test stuff .

i cant afford buying a new GPU so plz if there is some hope to fix this one ill be the happiest Person in the world .

My PC Spec's :

- Rampage III Extreme MB .

- 960 I7 CPU .

- HD 6870 GPU ( RIP ) .

- 1250w EnerMax PSU .

- 3x4GB Corsair Vengence Memory ( 12GB Total ) .

- 256gb SATAII SSD for the system , WD 2TB CaviarBlack As storage .

- Enermax SpinRex Full Tower Box .

- FreezerPro Stock CPU Cooler .

- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit .

( Update )

Just now i took the cooling unit off and cleaned the card board and changed the thermal past and tried again , this time the results is kinda weird . I saw the repuplic of gamers icon on the black screen and the drivers check and everything , but once the windows seven Loading icon fades out the screen kinda messed out and there horizantal Lines in the screen and i'm not able to see anything actually . i thought u want to know .

Let me know if you need more info guys ..

Looking forward for your suggestion

Edited: 08/01/2014 at 05:34 PM by Onix
Statistics
87556 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.