I’m new to this forum, I hope I post this question in the right category. I have a problem with my computer. I think the graphics card is broken. My desktop is only 4 years old, so I want to replace the graphics card with a model of at least similar capacity (or better) that will fit in the motherboard. I’m really not an expert, so I hope someone will be able to give me some advice.
- ATI Radeon HD 5670 Direct x 11 graphics card with 512 MB GDDR5 memory
- it was never over-clocked
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- it must be one of the latest. I updated a few months ago. My desktop won’t start properly so I can’t verify the driver version
- 32-bit, windows 7 latest service pack
- My desktop worked fine until yesterday. After a few minutes of non-intensive use the screen became orange. I had to reset the computer. Afterwards, I immediately got no image (a black screen). The computer won’t start, even after multiple tries. Sometimes I get vertical black and white stripes when I try to start the desktop. I think my graphic card died. I checked the fan, it still works. When I start the computer I hear no special beeps or other noises form the computer. I hear the hard drive spinning (as normally), but I get no image.
I tried the vga, dvi and hdmi output. I also tried de hdmi output on another screen. I know that the problem is not in the screens, because they work fine when connected to another computer.
I think replacing the graphics card might help. Any advice is welcome. I couldn’t find out what type of motherboard my desktop has, so I would like advice on cards similar to my graphics card that will fit in the motherboard.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- desktop: medion AKOYA P6310 d MD 8342
- output 350W
- Quad-core Power-AMD Athlon II x4 620 quad-core processor
- No overclocking.
System Memory Type & Amount
- Hard drive: 1 TB S-ATA
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
- the screens work when connected to another computer.
- - No image when using vga, dvi or hdmi
Thanks in advance for all your advice.