Topic Title: HELP. New and not very knowligable with this. HD 6850 problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/14/2014 10:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2014 10:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
xxbosko11xx
Peon

I bought a GIGABYTE radeon hd 6850 quite a while ago. The first day i got it everything worked fine. I played for a while and it would just turn the screen black, the computer ran fine and i could still hear sound but no display. i would shut down the computer and a few times it would work fine again and after a while the same problem. i gave up on it and deleted the ati ccc and just today i decided to mess with it again. i lost the disc for the driver but i dowloaded it from the site here. it keeps saying there is a failure to install the install manager and my computer will not recognize the graphics card at all, im a using the hdmi port on the card and connected it to a dvi-to-hdmi adaptor for my monitor, this is how it worked before. now i cant get the driver to install at all and my computer doesnt even seem to register that i have the hardware installed. The card makes noise it works and is running and connected to all power supplies just like before. my computer also keeps registering and putting me on my default graphics NVIDIA and when i disable and uninstall it, it just installs it for me. i cant seem to get it to work at all, when i change the monitor to dvi it turns black and says no signal so my only way to use the computer is on dsub which is connected to my rgb and the factory display on the computer. please any information or help will be appreciated.

I just want to play some games DA** IT lol

08/15/2014 01:45 PM

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

Run DDU or Driver Sweeper in safe mode .After reboot install latest drivers.

If that doesnt work something else is wrong.

-------------------------

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

08/15/2014 02:04 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: xxbosko11xx   supplies just like before. my computer also keeps registering and putting me on my default graphics NVIDIA and when i disable and uninstall it, it just installs it for me. appreciated.

Default graphics nvidia? Sumtin wiily wong here. Run DDU and select Nvidia...uninstall.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

Statistics
87444 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.