- Old graphics card Radeon HD3870
- New graphics card Radeon R7260X PCI Express 3.0, 2GB DDR5
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Catalyst version 08.00.0916
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Service Pack 1
- Upgraded old Radeon HD3870 graphics card with a newer R7260X graphics card. Computer will not reboot with new graphics card. I have tried both HDMI port and DVI port. I have updated drivers, rebooted several times, nothing works except removing new R7260C graphics card and reverting back to old HD3870 or the Intel integrated graphics…it does not appear that the computer even acknowledges the new card at all.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- LENOVO H430
- Ultra LS 600w ATX power supply
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- View Sonic LED HDMI 1080p Full HD
Applications and Games
N/A computer does not recognize graphics card, therefor the game or application is irrelevant.
- Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001Mhz, 4 Core 4 Logical Processor
Motherboard BIOS Version
- LENOVO ECKT16A, 4/6/2012
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8gb – not sure brand, it was original installation
- hard drive - st2000dm001-9yn164 – Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache
- Checked Lenovo for any BIOS upgrades.
- Updated drivers / catalyst