Topic Title: Bad Quality Games
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/29/2014 10:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/29/2014 10:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
laguna1990
Peon

Good Afternoon guys.

It's been two months that I bought a new pc and had no VGA, so I was using HD 2500 on-board.

5 days ago I got my new card (Radeon R7 260X), which I've been using with no problem. But yesterday I tried to reinstall the game Outlast on Steam and it seems he's kinda problematic with 64 bit systems or DirectX drivers, I tried and tried to install some drivers and dx9 such a Run Time Installer that some friends told me that it would work (at the end nothing worked and I uninstalled).

Turns out the worst came later .... ALL my games are now with a bad image ... I'll try to explain!

The game usually runs without crashes or fps drops, but in shaded and dark areas or with many particles, the picture is horrible as if you're using the pc in 16 bit color quality. And the color changes to green, pink (the primary colors of the monitor), all dotted and the image is shaking a little....

I already reinstalled the video card driver (Catalyst 14.4 driver and another one), I have DirectX 11, everything is normal...

I made two system restores but nothing worked!

Now I heard that maybe is a defective video card!

Give me a light please!

Thank you.

PS: I do not put any screen or video, because the defect doesn't shows in the photo or video, I can only see in my monitor !!!

08/29/2014 05:53 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

If you can't take a screenshot that shows the corruption. Then you may want to try a different monitor. Visiable video corruption has always shown up when I've taken screen shots. Unless the monitor was slowly going out. (or couldn't support the output the card was doing , color , resolution , refresh rate ect.. )

-------------------------

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

08/29/2014 08:40 PM

Author Icon
laguna1990
Peon

I made two videos showing the issue, you can check them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbET3pU5fP65HoQldudyqLw/videos

One is from my phone, wich you can see the corruption. The other is made by AMD App, wich you can't see anything unusual.

The thing is that I tested on my friend's monitor and the problem continues...

I'm starting to think that I really messed up some drivers or the problem is the VGA itself.

08/31/2014 07:17 PM

Author Icon
Vegan
Alpha Geek

try another video card and see if the problem persists with that game

i have bioshock 2, works on my box with nvidia cards, do not see why it would not wortk in a recent radeon card

drviers of late have been ok on my other rig, the HD 5450 is a tad sluggish

-------------------------

Statistics
87632 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.