Topic Title: AMD Processors Forum will be centralized under the AMD Game Forum by October 1st, 2012
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/28/2012 09:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/28/2012 09:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

In an effort to improve the forum user experience and provide a centralized area for support, the AMD Game Forum will be undergoing changes to accommodate the AMD Processors Forum community. With these changes, the AMD Processors Forum will be discontinued on October 1, 2012. Logins will be disabled and existing threads will not be moved, ported or migrated over to the AMD Game Forum. However, all existing threads and content will remain available to this community.

We invite suggestions and feedback from the community on new topic and discussion areas of the AMD Game Forum. However, please understand that we may not be able to fully implement all suggestions received.

If you have not yet already registered an account with us, please join us by registering on the AMD Game Forum.

Thank you for your continued support of the AMD Forums!

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Edited: 09/17/2012 at 03:24 PM by Russ@AMD
 08/28/2012 07:47 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

There is no way to post a new question here? Ok, are you guys going to move / merge the Open Source forum over to here, and give it it's own section?

http://forums.amd.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=310&zb=2556093

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

Edited: 08/28/2012 at 09:53 PM by stumped
 08/29/2012 11:46 AM

Author Icon
Decembermouse
n00b

I've been a member of the AMD Processor Forums since March 31, 2004. This is very sad for me. Can we link posts at that site to profiles on this site, and update user information to reflect thread count and join date at the old site combined with the new one? This forum and that one both use the same engine, it shouldn't be super challenging to do I wouldn't think.

Decembermouse
Voodoo Envy M:860, Laguna Seca Blue, Voodoo Classic Tattoo
Athlon 64 3400+ Clawhammer Core @ 2.2GHz
Mobility Radeon 9700, 128mb. 1680 by 1050
1024mb PC2700
60gb 7200 Hitachi HGST Travelstar
 08/29/2012 12:05 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Hey DM, I was told that the game forum and the processor forum were stored on different databases so they cannot link accounts.  I'm pretty sure that there won't be an issue posting links to threads on the processor forums here but I'll defer to Russ on this one for clarification.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

08/29/2012 12:42 PM

Author Icon
Decembermouse
n00b

Oh, thanks for the info Canis-X. I really hope this won't discourage people from migrating over here - losing all of their reputation, posts, join date, you know.

Decembermouse
Voodoo Envy M:860, Laguna Seca Blue, Voodoo Classic Tattoo
Athlon 64 3400+ Clawhammer Core @ 2.2GHz
Mobility Radeon 9700, 128mb. 1680 by 1050
1024mb PC2700
60gb 7200 Hitachi HGST Travelstar
 08/29/2012 01:07 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

No worries DM, I think we just need to speak positively and make the most out of this and encourage as many folks as we can about the move so that we can get our friends over here too.  I'm just trying to stay in the mind-set of this can be as good or bad as I want it to make it, so I am choosing to remain positive and just try and be as helpful as I can with what I know and what I have control over.

If you or anyone that you know has any questions please ask so that we can find out.

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

08/29/2012 11:20 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Been a while (in internet years) since I modded a forum, but I remember, as an administer, I was able to modify "post count", and I know Mime was modifying user titles at the old forums.

Do the admins <gestures at admins> have the ability to modify the post count on fusetalk?

08/30/2012 09:31 AM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: stumped There is no way to post a new question here? Ok, are you guys going to move / merge the Open Source forum over to here, and give it it's own section?

http://forums.amd.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=310&zb=2556093

Hi stumped - Since the databases for the AMD Processors and AMD Game Forums are physically separated on different host server accounts, we are not able to move, port or migrate any categories such as the Open Source forum. We will keep you updated if we receive further information.

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

08/30/2012 09:37 AM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: DecembermouseOh, thanks for the info Canis-X. I really hope this won't discourage people from migrating over here - losing all of their reputation, posts, join date, you know.

Hi DM - We plan to retain all the information on the AMD Processors Forum. I believe that you will still be able to view and post links for threads as well, which includes links to indicate your previous history.

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

Edited: 08/30/2012 at 09:52 AM by Russ@AMD
 08/30/2012 09:42 AM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Immortal Lobster Been a while (in internet years) since I modded a forum, but I remember, as an administer, I was able to modify "post count", and I know Mime was modifying user titles at the old forums.

Do the admins  have the ability to modify the post count on fusetalk?

Hi IL - Currently, we are not able to migrate post counts or other related personal profiles on FuseTalk, however I will definitely keep you updated if we receive more information.

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

08/30/2012 01:57 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Hey Russ!

Just wanted to inquire on the possibility of getting this forum added to the Tapatalk androind application.  I like using it when I'm mobile and visiting sites like Overclock.net and I see a lot of individuals using it posting on that site as well as XDA-Developers forum.  Might give us some more exposure and easier access from our mobile community.....just a thought.

Cheers!

EDIT:

One more question if you don't mind....what is the rule on images in the signature blocks in the game forum?  They are allowed on the processor forum up to 100x700 px so I was just curious.

Edited: 08/30/2012 at 02:25 PM by Canis-X
 08/30/2012 08:03 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Thanks Russ, here's hoping there's a feature for that!

08/31/2012 02:28 PM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Canis-X Hey Russ!

Just wanted to inquire on the possibility of getting this forum added to the Tapatalk androind application.  I like using it when I'm mobile and visiting sites like Overclock.net and I see a lot of individuals using it posting on that site as well as XDA-Developers forum.  Might give us some more exposure and easier access from our mobile community.....just a thought.

Cheers!

EDIT:

One more question if you don't mind....what is the rule on images in the signature blocks in the game forum?  They are allowed on the processor forum up to 100x700 px so I was just curious.

Hi Canis-X - Thank you for your suggestion about the Tapatalk Android application. I think that is a great area for us to develop. I discussed your suggestion with our team, however they mentioned that we may be limited by compatibility issues through FuseTalk. However, we will continue to add all of your ideas to our list. Please continue to forward any other suggestions!

Cheers,

Russ

By the way, the pixel limitation is 100x100, however we will ask for a similar configuration as the AMD Processors Forum.

AMD Customer Care

08/31/2012 03:10 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Thanks Russ!

09/05/2012 11:02 PM

Author Icon
Damric
Cookie Monster

AMD should really do a better job with the selection of the moderators here. I've already had to correct one of the new ones on some very basic computer knowledge. Make them pass a test to qualify for said positions, and veteran members here should have been candidates for said positions from the beginning of the selection process, and given priority over the refugees from the failed AMD CPU forum.

When you do dumb things, like hire your buddies, you make AMD look dumb. Don't make AMD look dumb.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.
 09/05/2012 11:07 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Damric AMD should really do a better job with the selection of the moderators here. I've already had to correct one of the new ones on some very basic computer knowledge. Make them pass a test to qualify for said positions, and veteran members here should have been candidates for said positions from the beginning of the selection process, and given priority over the refugees from the failed AMD CPU forum. When you do dumb things, like hire your buddies, you make AMD look dumb. Don't make AMD look dumb.

Respect is a two way street Damric, I'll show you the same you show me.

That being said, you're a long standing member here, we have to hold that in regard, but it's not a tool or status to be abused.

Also, you do realize we are not "hired" right? This is strictly volunteer.

09/05/2012 11:35 PM

Author Icon
Damric
Cookie Monster

I'm not a Long Time Member, I'm just a Member, lol.

Didn't want to mention your name, because I thought it would be embarrass you. I'm sorry if it did.

But do know, that toes have been stepped on by ignoring a dozen or so Long Time Members. No announcement was made here that applications were being taken for staff. Whether I agree or not on the choices made does not negate the ominous perception that has resulted.

Had you stayed relevant in this forum over the years, I wouldn't think twice about nominating you as well.

Now, all that aside, I'm glad the ***** is finally getting done around here. It's about time this forum had some kind of vision for a light at the end of the tunnel at least. For this I am happy.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.
 09/05/2012 11:44 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

I think we need to both get to grips with something.

This may still be the same game forum by name, but it's no longer the same forum, they've merged us with your forum, pretty sure the reason being this ones on a newer cheaper server somewhere, so they gave the other the axe. This is a new forum, with two different groups of people colliding in the middle. Two different ideologies it appears, and we all need to get along. But fact remains, this is going to be a new world for both sides. We all need to approach this with an open mind.

They didn't take applications, we were asked to do this, and we accepted, recommendations were made, and accepted or waived on. Other new moderators here are old moderators at the other forums, on to do their bidding here.

So you say toes are stepped on here, I think if you ask any of us, the long standing members at the Proc forums, we've had ours steam rolled. Just ask who's more sore of this development, I think you'll get overwhelming response.

What would there possibly be by the way that would embarrass me? I may not be the latest and greatest up to speed anymore on Tech, but thats what happens when life gets in your way. I'm not here for that, I, and us other mods, chose to be here to keep these forums clean, provide help, and make sure rules and users are respected.

09/05/2012 11:45 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Damric  Now, all that aside, I'm glad the ***** is finally getting done around here. It's about time this forum had some kind of vision for a light at the end of the tunnel at least. For this I am happy.

Just hope it's not a train!

09/06/2012 08:22 AM

Author Icon
Hardwood
Dungeon Master

I'd just like to say, as a long time member of both forums, I'm very pleased with the amalgamation of the two forums.
The CPU forum moderators and the regular contributing members are some of the best around and I welcome them and thank them for coming here.

#1: FX-6350, Antec Kuhler 920, MSI 970 Gaming, Asus 5870/V2, ASUS Xonar D2X, GSkill (F3-14900cl9d-8gbxl), Antec Truepower New 750, Arc Midi, Win8.1pro x64
#2: MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, Antec900 case, AMD 2x4GB 2133 (R938G2130UK), Antec 750 True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, WD Black 1TB, Win8.1pro x64
#3: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, AGP 1950pro, Audigy 2, Asus A8V-D, 2gig ram, Enermax 465P. Now on Win8.1pro cat 10.2

Statistics
88926 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.