Topic Title: AMD Processors Forum will be centralized under the AMD Game Forum by October 1st, 2012
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/28/2012 09:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/06/2012 11:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I agree with IL.  AMD's decision to merge the forum is there's to make and we should welcome a single forum where all AMD users can meet and bounce ideas around and ask questions.  It really is the best way to deal with a peer to peer forum for a single company such as this. 

I also respect that RUSS, Marc, Ray and Support4 decided to bring over the moderators from the AMD Processor forum to the AMD Game Forum to help out....the members from the Processor forum should feel a little more at ease knowing the same moderators are taking care of the users here just as they did over there.  That being said not all of the moderators wanted to move over here and rather decided that this would be a good time to phase themselves out of moderating for AMD and move on.  I was told that they offered up a few names for bringing in new mods and as a result here IL and I are.  None of us want to cause any ripples with any of the members here in the GAME forum whether they are n00bs, Members or Long Time Members, we just want to contribute to AMD because we believe in AMD and wish to be part of that.  That being said I subscribe to the Golden Rule as well, so as long as we can agree to respect each other we are good!

/schpeel

Cheers!

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/06/2012 12:01 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

I would say a persons temperment and attitude when dealing with other people is much more of a consideration when picking moderators.  Technical ability is important since this is a support forum, and the people helping to manage it do reflect upon the company running it.  However, if someone's always acted like a jackass, then they're not going to get picked as a moderator no matter how much they know.

Or at least that's always how it worked for the past 10 or 12 years that I helped moderate the processors forum.  I know you guys had trouble with Spyre a while back, but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

09/06/2012 12:24 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

....and by what Mime stated above I believe the statement below qualifies...

Welcome to the AMD Game Forum. Nice to see nepotism is hard at work with our latest moderator selection.

This is a prime example of disrespect not only to the individual that it was directed towards, who just happens to be a moderator, it is also disrespectful to the new administrators of the forum (Russ, Marc, Ray and Support4) and AMD.

Just remember, being disrespectful to AMD's staff on this forum is against the ToS whether you feel you were just kidding, being cute, or not....it can get you into trouble.  When in doubt, just let it go.

Cheers!

Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/06/2012 05:16 PM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Thank you to all for your contributions so far. Please remember that we originally started the topic to invite suggestions and feedback from the community on new topic and discussion areas on the AMD GAME Forum.

Feel free to contact any of the @AMD administrators through Private Message to discuss any matter regarding the forum. We look forward to more suggestions from all of you!

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

09/06/2012 09:14 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Russ@AMD Thank you to all for your contributions so far. Please remember that we originally started the topic to invite suggestions and feedback from the community on new topic and discussion areas on the AMD GAME Forum.

Feel free to contact any of the @AMD administrators through Private Message to discuss any matter regarding the forum. We look forward to more suggestions from all of you!

Cheers,

Russ

Any news on that showcase/benchmarking category?

09/10/2012 11:37 AM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Any news on that showcase/benchmarking category?

Hi IM - Thank you for your suggestion. We have added a category under Benchmarking, Modding and Overclocking.

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

09/14/2012 09:08 AM

Author Icon
Russ@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: stumped There is no way to post a new question here? Ok, are you guys going to move / merge the Open Source forum over to here, and give it it's own section?

http://forums.amd.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=310&zb=2556093

Hi stumped - After some discussion, we have decided to centralize the category for Open Source News & Discussion into the AMD Developer Forum -- at least for now. As we go along, we will continually evaluate the need for the category in the AMD Game Forum. Thank you for your great suggestion!

Cheers,

Russ

AMD Customer Care

Edited: 09/14/2012 at 10:42 AM by Russ@AMD
Statistics
84242 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.