Topic Title: Thanks AMD!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/13/2013 12:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2013 12:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ayon
Peon

I don't usually write these, but a thanks is very much in order. I just had my CPU replaced by you guys via warranty, and I know it was just business as usual for you, but I had just gotten done having a nightmare of a time with Newegg.

I'll keep it short; but they refused to replace a CPU they sent me with bent pins and some overheating issues. After having to twist their arm three or four times they finally decided they'd take a look (didn't promise to replace it). They said they recieved it with bent pins (I had bent them back and installed the CPU before sending it), and denied my RMA and told me to talk to AMD. I was more surpised to find out when they sent the CPU back to me it actually did have bent pins. Bent flat. No way I could use it anymore.

Needless to say, they didn't take the blame for it (whether or not it was their falut or UPS, I don't know), so this lead me to AMD. I called the Tech Support phoneline, who were fantastic, and helped me out to a fantastic degree. I was pointed in the right direction to fill out my warranty. It was the most painless warranty process I've ever had. I didn't have to twist any arms like before and my CPU was replaced before I knew it.

So this post is a thanks AMD. I had dealt with Newegg for a month just to have them tell me no and send me back a CPU in worse shape (hell I could install it before I sent it to them). Send this message along to whoever, and make sure the Tech Support guys know how good of a job they're doing. This is damn good business and I'll always be buying AMD products just for the fantastic service.

Thanks again,

Some Happy Customer

03/14/2013 07:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I'm very happy to hear of your positive experience with our Customer Care Team, and that your up and running with a replacement CPU!  I'll be sure to pass your feedback to the team!

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84891 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.