Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: A real complaint
Topic Summary: It doesn't belong here, but since AMD doesn't seem to want to provide a forum for it, I'm putting it here.
Created On: 05/21/2013 08:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/21/2013 08:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HombreGranJefe
Peon

First, I'm already frustrated at this point, so if the moderators decide to do what moderators do and delete this thread instead of trying to get someone's attention and address this problem, it's no skin off my back, just future money taken off their bottom line.  For a company that used to make THE premier consumer video card in the All-in-Wonder, the fact that you guys don't sell a single TV tuner product that is Windows 8 compatible is absurd.  I mean, it's not like you haven't had 9 months to grab a single software developer and sit him down for a couple of weeks to get a set of compatible 8 reference drivers released.  You're apparently too busy asking your engineers to make slow, hot, inefficient processors.

Please pull your heads out of your ***** and get with the program.  It's been long enough.  Support your hardware.

05/21/2013 10:38 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

And the fact AMD hasn't made a TV tuner product in the past 5 years?

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 05/21/2013 11:41 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Want to watch TV watch a TV. 

As graphics go AMD rocks it, along with affordable processors that smoke.

I don't have a single issue with the product line.

Great job AMD !!!!!!!!!!

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

05/22/2013 10:02 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: HombreGranJefe You're apparently too busy asking your engineers to make slow, hot, inefficient processors.  Please pull your heads out of your ***** and get with the program.  It's been long enough.  Support your hardware.

I get that you're frustrated.  Everyone is entitled to vent now and then.  However, you must understand the All-in-Wonder and TV Wonder products are legacy products that are not supported under Windows8.

Furthermore (and a tip for future 'complaints' you may have), with comments like those quoted above, you need to really evaluate how much consideration you're going to be given."

Thread Locked.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84247 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 12 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.