Topic Title: I know how people break threads from time to time!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/02/2014 06:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/02/2014 06:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

So I decided to use rich text formatting in one of my posts the default forum editor doesn't support (strike-through). Copied stuff to Word, formatted it, then copied back and submitted the post.

The thread broke with the bottom part missing and reply/edit/delete/report etc. buttons also missing. I managed to fix this by using a browser plugin to locally edit the page source, so I could do some magic and force those buttons to appear, then I could delete the post that broke the thread. Everything want back to normal.

My suggestion: The box we type into when posting stuff here shouldn't accept just any pasted rich text, especially not from MS Word. The forum software just inserts this rich text into the HTML code and sends it straight to our browsers. The thread breaks because of the invalid HTML code.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
86386 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.